The Trouble with Wish Lists - Price Inflation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AndyH

Forager
Aug 20, 2008
Shetland
When the idea of a new piece of kit that I would like comes to mind I write it into a wish list on my laptop, with a link to the item and the current price. Each time I come into some money or build up some spare I look through the list. I delete many that I no longer want and may pick one or two to buy then.

This morning I got a letter from the HMRC to say that I had overpaid my income tax in 2023-24, and I was due a rebate of a few hundred quid. Wondering what to spend it on I looked at my wish list and two (three really) items stood out, both added to the wish list in 2016: -

+ Adventure canvas bedroll - Wynnchester Outdoors. Originally priced at £350, but had been on offer at £299. Now priced at £599 HERE
+ DD SuperLight Pyramid Tent - DD Hammocks. Originally priced at £92. Now priced at £95. HERE
+ DD Superlight Pyramid Mesh Tent - DD Hammocks. Originally priced at £65. Now Priced at £65. HERE

The moral of the story is either don't keep a wish list for fear of being exposed to price inflation or I should have got into canvas in a big way in 2016 :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE