The thingy under my name question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
Hi,
Don't know what it's called, but it's now changed to 'forager,pioneer' then I noticed everyone's is different! So what's it called and what does it mean?

Thanks

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Hi, I asked this last week. Basically it changes with the number of posts you write. You're on pioneer, previously you'd have been a tenderfoot, an active member and a full member as we go back in time. Eventually you end up as a wayfarer...but you've a way to go yet..

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Its only been changed recently. [There were some names under the old naming system that people really didnt like.]

I always thought it'd be a good idea to put the celtic tribal place names of people under their name.

Like this map shows:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/british_prehistory/iron_01.shtml

Mine would be Brigantes [No 10] as Im from Yorkshire, which roughly translated means 'Hill Dweller'

So you Tommy, living in Norfolk would have been Iceni, [no 16] or 'Horse People' :)

Last edited:

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
That's cool! I like the horse dweller idea!
It's funny, every time I come on here, I see a new one. Iv never seen 'absolute optimist' before Liz!

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
I am a Siluris - cool! And an optimist... And as I'm close to 100 posts there's something else I'll be soon!

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
Ooooh nice I've gone from being a tenderfoot to a pioneer! In just one post... Hadn't thought to call it a 'rank' but I'll bite..

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yayy! Congratulations! You'll be catching up with Toddy soon at this rate on post count. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE