The Temagami has landed!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I recieved my Helle Les Stroud Temagami knife today! I was surprised when it arrived as I had not gotten a shipment notice. Ok, on to the knife. My very first impression was that it was a bit larger than I expected. I fully expected to see a knife that was the same dimensions as the Helle Fjellkniven, mainly because the pictures make the knife look the same basic shape as the Fjellkniven. The Temagami is in fact, larger by a small amount, all around.

I will try to get a few good pics tomorrow and post them on here. So far I took some measurements for comparison.

Helle Temagami:
Blade 4.25 inches long, 1.125 inches wide and 3mm thick.
9 inches overall. Weight is 5.25 ounces for the knife and 7.5 ounces for the knife and sheath.

Woodlore Clone:
Blade 4.25 inches long, 1.125 inches wide and 4mm thick.
9 inches overall. Weight is 7.5 ounces for the knife and 10 ounces for the knife with sheath.

Helle Fjellkniven:
Blade is 3 7/8 inches long, 7/8 inches wide and 3mm thick.
8+ inches overall. Weight is 3.5 ounces for the knife and 5.25 ounces for the knife and sheath.

The knife came wrapped in a small linen canvas pouch with a leather tie and a Helle warranty certificate. In the pouch there was a card with Les Stoud's pic and signature, the knife is not signed nor marked with Les' name, just says Helle Temagami on the blade.

Mine is the carbon steel, laminated and looks to have more of a handmade aspect than my Helle Fjellkniven, which looks very "manufactured". I was surprised that the handle has no curved shape to the sides (like the Woodie or the Fjellkniven), just a fairly straight side profile. Overall the handle is very comfortable in the hand and has a solid secure feel.

I don't have any complaints about the knife, it just surprised me that it is a bit larger than my preconceived picture in the brain. It is a pleasant size and looks and feels solid and sturdy.

I will try to get those pics tomorrow and let you see the knife and comparisons. Cheers!

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Here are some pics of the three knives for comparison. The Temagami is a good design and would be a great choice for a single knife. I am however, hopelessly addicted to buying lots of blades.:rolleyes:

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've often wondered what would be the result of leaving my Eggen & Woodlore alone in the same drawer, now I know! Superb looking knife.

Woz888

Aug 17, 2010
Downunder
The tang is interesting, I guess best described as a Full Length Flat Semi Tang. Love the see an Xray to see how the tang lines up with the pins and lanyard hole. Looks mighty tempting though regardless.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE