The Stone Roses

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I'll be there Saturday!

Not sure of the spectacle though, they were notoriously bad before live & I've seen Brown more time than I can remember and he's never great either!

But, I'm a fan, I'm northern, I was 15 when "The Stone Roses" was released, so I'll take it!

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I've seen Ian Brown numerous times too, not the best Live but I still rate some of his solo stuff.

I saw John Squire doing his solo stuff many years ago, seemed weird to see him singing. Sounding uncannily like Bob Dylan.

Still, it's gonna be something to remember !, possibly from getting pick-pocketed.

I'l be there on the sunday. I think it's going to be raining on the friday, so I'm expecting Mud !

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Heard Squire doing his solo stuff and you're right, a singer he is not.......in fact the only singer in the Roses plays the drums! Seen some good Brown gigs but other time he's shocking but as you say some of his solo stuff is good (Music of the Spheres is a decent enough collection) The Roses for me were always about the "players" Squires is a wonderful guitarist and an awesome rhythm section with a "drummer of a generation" and thats what I am looking forward to.

It will be a total t***fest though, a Roses gig in Manchester will be full of weekend beerboys and Liam Gallagher wannabes.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
All set for tomorrow night (Friday), parka and manc swagger at the ready :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Wished I'd got Friday tickets, You get one of my other Bands, Primal Scream & you get the Vaccines. I get Bleary f***in' Eye and Professor f***in' Green!:(

I wont be hurrying to get there anyway!

I liken Beady Eye to a chicken (Oasis-which I was never a fan of anyway) and you chop of its head (Noel) and the chicken keeps on running aimlessly & pointlessly (Beady Eye) Professor Green is not even a real Professor too you know!?
It was a given that one of the Gallaghers would be there and I was hoping for the talented one and would rather have Paul (the one who just cashes in on his brothers) than the other shower. Anyway rant over and it will soon be Bingley Music Live & the Charlatans 10 minute walk from my place!

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Had to sell my ticket on as my car is off the road and can't get there. Fairly upsetting really, I was looking forward to it. I went to all the other landmark gigs they did over the years though, like Spike Island etc. Still, it was a Saturday ticket and at least now I don't have to suffer any of that Beady Eye carp.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
I don't mind getting my Reggae on at all, but don't get how they could have had literally any guitar based pop band from the last 20yrs and we get this shizzle!

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
It's because they'll split up after the Friday night gig :)

They might want to but I feel the payday of the completed tour will hold them together just long enough!

I think on Friday they could right easily be outshone by their support though....... good old pros who don't disappoint - Primal Scream
(We won't have that to worry about!)

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
What a fantastic night :) Primal Scream were great, but the Roses were fantastic :)

Get there early though, 1st 20,000 in get a wrist band to enter the inner fence.

It was good to bump into "Mad Dave" too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
have a great time y'all....wish i could be there....saw brown in edinburgh coupla years ago, was mental (but yeah his live singings erm....well) and a mate of mines hung out with him a few times when in london....

i used to be a record dealer and i've a somewhat vast collection....missus keeps nagging me to sell it....cant let those memories go though of me clubbing days back in early 90's....

saw the mondays 2 years ago at guilfest.....and that rocked too....i never tire of bez lololol!

avvvvvit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE