The Steak Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
which you do like?

how do you cook it?

how do you like it?

Mine has to be a nice big T-BONE, shallow fried until medium rare, nice n pink on the inside.

Served with a dollop of boiled rice, some baby potatoes, and steamed veg.

J

John Burton

Has to be ribeye for me - tenderized and quick-fried on a hot pan with olive oil, medium-rare, with onions, green peppers, and a good dollop of cheddar mash.

Now I'm hungry.

I like Ribeye , rare\ medium rare ,
Rub the steak with olive oil salt and plenty of pepper,
Pan Very HOT chuck it in test how cooked it is with finger I can tell when its how I like it by poking it , never cut into it to see inside :)
Pepper sauce sometimes but I can eat it on its own with bread and or onion rings home made with beer batter ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hungry now :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
just got some organic rump steak out of the freezer to dehydrate. Am wondering what to marinade it in first though.....My fav is an aberdeen angus rump steak, well cooked....

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
If it it's really good quality, then I love a piece of Fillet Steak, rare. Otherwise I tend to have Sirlion, again rare.

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
has anybody cut a piece of meat from a dear, or anything here and cooked it on a fire? or in a hot stone oven?

I watched Ray Mears cook a leg of venison in a hot stone oven, i was drooling when he took it out.

(the dear had been killed as part of a cull)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
has anybody cut a piece of meat from a dear, or anything here and cooked it on a fire? or in a hot stone oven?

I watched Ray Mears cook a leg of venison in a hot stone oven, i was drooling when he took it out.

(the dear had been killed as part of a cull)
Had some deer, venison, last weekend at a primative food course, well nice.....
Cooking the meat may take away some of the flavour, but it also adds flavour too, I like a bit of crunch on the outside.....

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
Rump Steak for me, cooked in a hot griddle pan, nice and rare in the middle, served with salt and pepper potatoes wedges, fresh green salad, grilled home grown tomatoes, and english mustard made from the powder but using beer instead of water to make it liquid.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Just get a cow and embarrass it.
Then a bit of garlic salt and some black pepper, and some properly unhealthy chips fried in lard. Not too much salt though.

And a defibrillator on the side...

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Has to be ribeye for me - tenderized and quick-fried on a hot pan with olive oil, medium-rare, with onions, green peppers, and a good dollop of cheddar mash.

Now I'm hungry.

absolutely spot on. possibly with a blue cheese sauce instead of the cheese in the mash.

edit: preferably thorough bred hereford aswell. aberdeen angus could be any old mongrel these days. (ie the angus burger!)

Smith

Jun 16, 2007
mine has to be a nice bit of fillet steak cooked very rare with a creamy mushroom sauce (which goes pink from all the blood)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
absolutely spot on. possibly with a blue cheese sauce instead of the cheese in the mash.

edit: preferably thorough bred hereford aswell. aberdeen angus could be any old mongrel these days. (ie the angus burger!)

Tried one of those things the other day, and to me just tasted like their other burgers. Take that as you may. Although it may be a 100% Aberdeen Angus burger as they claim, the cattle they use are not bred in or farmed in Scotland, they are from anywhere else.

Back on topic now, I like a medium steak, not too much fat in it, but enough to melt into full flavour. I like the taste of a rare steak but I don't like the texture or the blood.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Nice and rare which is a bit of a turn around as I was a veggie for 10years!!!!:)
Now I can be found chasing cows and trying to lick them.:lmao: D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE