The Starkie

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Andy said:
don't start copying my jokes again.

I fancy trying one but don't want to waste any money. after all it's about £5 for the stuff plus £2.50 postage. Thats nearly a gallon of bear

Andy if you can buy 8 pints of beer for £7.50 I am coming out on the town with you. Round here you would be lucky to get 3 pints for that price. Or are gallons of BEARs much cheaper? :wink:

Bill

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
tenbears10 said:
Andy if you can buy 8 pints of beer for £7.50 I am coming out on the town with you. Round here you would be lucky to get 3 pints for that price. Or are gallons of BEARs much cheaper? :wink:

Bill
Bill, remember Andy is just a lad. He is used to metric so Gallons will be a strange unit for him. Get him to quote you in litres.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
MagiKelly said:
My point exactly. With the right technique you do not need a Starkie.

I have just had a thought, with all this interest in Starkies does it make you a "stroppy teenager" :eek:):
I'm with you Magi. :roll: :wink: Why do people want a polished edge? :?: Pardon me, but i'll never hail the Starkie, until i've tried it. :rolmao: :biggthump

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
What i meant Magikelly, is that with the right technique you'll never look back. Its a love/i think i hate thing. The people with the techniques are the lovers of the starkie :wink:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I hope you guys don't mind if I inject some sanity into this thread. :lol:

Just a point: polished edges are what ya want for push cutting. Also, if you replace the sandpaper in a "Hoodoo" hone with a piece of leather, you can strop to your hearts content. For scandi grinds, omit the mousepad backing and Bob's yer uncle.

Now, back to the pints... :wave:

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
student bar on a thursday night (still sober a this point in time) charge £1 for one pint of beer. There are 8 pints to the gallon so £7.50 means nearly a gallon
Don't let my age put you off, I can work in ye old ways just as well as SI.

since someone wanted a quote in litres I shall do as I've been asked. 1 pint is equal to 567ml (near enough for the purposes of beer as pubs give you a bit more to make sure they don't give you too little)
7.5 times 0.567 equals 4.2525

A tip for parties
if the beers are kept in a bucket of chilled water take the cans at the bottom. IIRC the tipical machine used to fill the beer cans has a standard deveation of 0.35 so the ones at the very top floating light wont have as much as you want, the cans at the bottom make up thev other end of the statistics

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
He's lying!! He's lying! :shock: :nana:

You don't get as good results with those cheapo bars, the starkie is where the results are. Trust me, i've......errrr.....tried em all :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE