The price of fuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will the rise in fuel costs make a difference to you getting out into the countryside

• It will make no difference to me, i'l go no matter what.

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • I will be forced to limit my visits to the countryside.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • I will no longer be able to visit the countryside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will seek alternative means of getting to the countryside.

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • It will not make a lot of difference to me as I live in the countryside, although other trips will b

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, the RoI has a very different duty regime... You'll notice I was refering to changes in the level of duty, not the absoulte level. That, obviously, is down to the govt.

As for rapid price fluctuations, that's exactly what you'd expect when supply and demand are very finely balanced for a commodity with low demand elasticity.

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Well, the RoI has a very different duty regime... You'll notice I was refering to changes in the level of duty, not the absoulte level. That, obviously, is down to the govt.

As for rapid price fluctuations, that's exactly what you'd expect when supply and demand are very finely balanced for a commodity with low demand elasticity.

So when you say the market you must mean the market with the UK not worldwide market? Yes the Gov dont set the price of oil but they do recognize that when the price of oil goes up they will lose money from the consumer if they reduce the cost at the pumps, they also recognise the hardship this causes to the consumer, they dont however care or they would reduce fuel tax. The Gov have a lot to answer for in the amount of tax payers money they waste on stupid projects costing millions projects the majority of the public dont want. Rant over, so Gregorach hows the weather up in Edinburgh mate much snow yet?

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Snow? We hardly ever get snow in Edinburgh. We get slush occasionally. ;) Just rain so far this year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE