The Prefect Cup of Coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Tadpole (and Mr Da P).

Sadly, my local Asian store is probably an hours drive away (indeed the newsagents is a 10 minute drive :D) - perils of country living and all that. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm in town though.

Rather like the £1.99 one Spikey - but that just me being cheap!

Red

The Prefect Cup of Coffee.

I'd just like to add a little to this thread.

Follow Red's comprehensive instructions to the letter, BUT THEN allow all of the coffee to cool so that it is no more than tepid. Take the coffee to a safe and uninhabited area - this obviously includes animals - and throw it into the nearest hedge! Re-brew this time making a nice cup of tea. Job done. :lmao:

Top tutorial Red BTW.

Phil.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Your very kind Leon :eek:

Wow you know your percolators :eek: . Yep its a 1 1/2 pint Swan - tbh, it fills my old US metal mug rather nicely when out and about (and a bit left over for the GF :D ). I have just invested in a 14 cup Coleman for larger meets and group outings since the Swan is too small when there's half a dozen of us. Its a nice blue enamel jobby and makes me feel like I should be using a saddle as a pillow :D

Red

leon-1

British Red said:
Your very kind Leon :eek:

Wow you know your percolators :eek: . Yep its a 1 1/2 pint Swan - tbh, it fills my old US metal mug rather nicely when out and about (and a bit left over for the GF :D ). I have just invested in a 14 cup Coleman for larger meets and group outings since the Swan is too small when there's half a dozen of us. Its a nice blue enamel jobby and makes me feel like I should be using a saddle as a pillow :D

Red

I know what you mean about them not being quite large enough for groups:D. I had one whilst in the forces for a while, unfortunately like so many things it sprouted it's own little set of legs and walked:aargh4:

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Toddy said:
Y'have to wonder, you really do. :confused:
How hungry must one be to eat weasel sick? yet folks buy it as a 'speciality' food.

Funny old world. :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Hate to break it to you Toddy but it's not the *sick* of the animal that they harvest it from - it's from the other end!

It's the enzymes in the stomach of the animal which are reputed to impart the much sought after flavour.

Value added, if you know what I mean.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
seany boy said:
Great tutorial Red, can almost smell that coffee! Never tried to roast my own beans but this has really got me wanting to give it a go :You_Rock_

Hah, nothing smells worse than the beans while roasting. Makes me sick everytime I do it.
But I would never do roast by contact in a pan, only with an air gun. This means roasting and grinding before leaving home, but thats no problem on a short trip.

An excellent source for coffee, as already stated:
http://www.hasbean.co.uk/
or if you want to know more about home roasting:
http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php
and here something to read about my start :
http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&btitle=CE&mid=&ceid=81

How come it took me so long to discover this thread?

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Chaps
I will stick my neck out and say that the best way to make coffee is using the new Aeropress.
I've ran through all the types of the last 20 years and this one ABSOLUTELY wins.
Smooth, flavourful, with simple and functional design.
I found the roasting aspect fascinating and that combined with an Aeropress would be fantastic.
Kop Luwak was nice...quite chocolately... :eek:
But for me Java is the growing area of choice.
After much, much, much, much testing.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Perhaps - you're next on the grinder though

Oetzi - are you serious about the roasting smell? Everytime I do it in camp I have to beat people off the pan with a stick :D

I guess its one of those "love it / hate it" things. That and some grilling bacon are a great smell to wake up to in my book!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE