The Perfect Bushcraft Cabin? (V. Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just dreaming a little...

underground-home-designs-swiss-mountain-house-4-480x320.jpg

95eebb5c96163a453702a238bfbce52df1d7f7b7_m.jpg

9_21_09_DanShannan09505.jpg

free-tree-house-plans.jpg

110107-1723-taylorsmith1.png

ferrishouse.jpg

westvirginiacabin4.jpg

villa-1-powerhouse-company-1.jpg

tv5.jpg

6da682e985b8158fa08b11448d60927acaf54b46_m.jpg

colchu.jpg

94245_1.jpg

deck1.jpg

tye-river-cabin2.jpg

aa30742205b043ca2be02c37291b0a581fde1c8d_m.jpg

Any votes or other nominations?

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Greyowls_cabin_ajawaan_lake.jpg

Nesslin lake,Canada.

just to add taken from wiki.Ajawaan lake, Saskatchewan, Canada Grey Owl's cabin "Beaverlodge" (Fremte,09-2006 with digital camera, personally taken and released freely for any use, but not for profit).

Last edited:

Chui

Feb 18, 2010
London

Nesslin lake,Canada.

Hi guys.........I have been a member a while but done/said nothing. Truth is, having joined BB about the same time, I've been glued to that too much, and to have two forums take my eye off my day job would be toooooo much.

Anyhow, back to the OP.......saw this pic and just thought, that is the perfect bush cabin for me.......and, visiting Canada next summer for the first time, it just called me..........great pic too, captures it all.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row

Nesslin lake,Canada.

just to add taken from wiki.Ajawaan lake, Saskatchewan, Canada Grey Owl's cabin "Beaverlodge" (Fremte,09-2006 with digital camera, personally taken and released freely for any use, but not for profit).

i too love this hut

Puchal

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2010
Poland, Warsaw
DSC01484.jpg

Perhaps not as spectacular as cabins below, but very cosy... Especially when you finally get there after several days spent under the tent. The hills that you can see behind the cabin are territory of Ukraine... edge of the Europe you may say.
One of many lonely cabins in Bieszczady Mountains. Inhabited, but kept in quite good shape by visitors.
DSC01485.jpg

It has it's vinatge scent (don't get me wrong - it is not a smelly place!) and brings the atmosphere of life of legendary Bieszczady lumberjacks.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I like that shed someone built off the Devon or cornish coast a few years ago. Wish I could find a pic. It was made up out of the timber that was washed off the ship in the channel. The only way to reach it was by sea or abing down sheer cliffs. It had a veranda and was on stilts IIRC. Windows and everything. Was very well made by someone who obviously made many visits over quite some time and had good carpentry skills. Amazing holiday home and you could only see it from the sea too.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
I think No12 is cool , bit big , but nice and rustic . Love the ukrainian one though simply but cozy . Im halfway through building a cabin , ill try to put some photos up when its finished - never managed to upload photos before always goes pear shaped !!!!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Either the Canadian or the Ukrainian one. A wee bit of elbow grease, a good brush out, hammer and nails, a comfy bed and that'd be well sorted :D

cheers,
Toddy

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
The view from number 9 captivates me. I hope it isn't one of those estate agent pictures where there's an airport on the other side.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE