The One Year Total Wild Food Experiment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
But we know, as he says, that people did this for thousands of years and he will eschew hunting which they certainly did not. Fine if he wants to but so what apart from a personal challenge and probably some interesting reading. If he uses petrol to go from one select area to another without using the energy or time they would have expended in the Mesolithic to get there then what is he proving, finding out? That one can live the foraging life on many many square miles should surprise nobody.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
But we know, as he says, that people did this for thousands of years and he will eschew hunting which they certainly did not. Fine if he wants to but so what apart from a personal challenge and probably some interesting reading. If he uses petrol to go from one select area to another without using the energy or time they would have expended in the Mesolithic to get there then what is he proving, finding out? That one can live the foraging life on many many square miles should surprise nobody.

Purely from a gastranomic perspective i'll find it interesting. Variety and flavour will be tricky as he'll be limited to seasonal availability unless he stores...

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Fergus "guest tutored" the Woodsmoke Autumn Harvester course I attended.
He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of plants and fungi and is also a charming
and entertaining companion as well as a very professional teacher.
Good luck to him : I shall be following his efforts on Twitter.
Personally I don't care if he is hunting deer with a spear or pot-roasting roadkill badger (as one does!!)
It will be fun to watch and I'm sure we'll all learn something along the way.
Cheers , Simon

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I'm going to do an experiment in working full-time for a year obviously this will require my full attention and won't allow time to forage all my food so I will have to rely on supermarket shopping to help me get by :)

olbugger

Feb 23, 2013
Shire
I have got a book somewhere about someone who did something similar to this already a few years ago , maybe Simon someone , anyway you can get it on amazon i think . He did have a minor rules he had to bend as he realised he would need a huge area of land to be able to forage and hunt in order to completely be self sustainable . Very interesting read .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE