The look on her face... Priceless!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Operation- Daaad, what ya doing?

Kit contents, saw, mora, 80lb shockleader, one confused daughter!

Spent an hour in the woods today making the first thing i've ever tried, other than a campfire....

My project leader, and general 'angel' sat quiet as a mouse.

25i9atd.jpg

Bit of sawing, batoning, tying, weight testing... ta daaa!

3ctol.jpg

One happy gaffer, i'd say!

148ewc7.jpg

If all go's well and it stays dry, phase 2 will commence tomorrow evening...

Operation- Camfire and Marshmallows!

Sorry for the slight 'blur'...
i left macro on accidentally after photographing some local fungi, DOH!

TBL :)

Last edited:

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Wish I could get my daughter to sit still long enough/ join in with a few projects, but she's a teenager and wants everything done perfectly NOW.

Well done my friend.

I have lots of old shock leader kicking around, may be a new use for it creating a few seats for my son to sit on. He's the type of guy who would join in and help me make the thing...

Ka'Plah

PS Picture 1 is beautiful

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I learned two very important things yesterday... You dont always have to throw cash at kids for them to have a fantastic time (well, toddlers anyways LoL)

Its slow going making pointy things with a saw!

But i loved every second :)

Thanks for the kind comments, makes it all the more worth while.

TBL.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cheers! although i have to admit i really, really enjoyed it :)

Operation Campfire was a blinding success...
Couple of weeks ago it would have been disposable bbq's on the beach, give me the woods, a bench and the smell of a birch fire anyday!

14viu8n.jpg

fair play to the mora, it got through some pretty knotted wood without flinching... and kept a decent edge!

Thanks for sharing my first (of many) bushcraft adventures :)

TBL.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
No peticular knot... round the cross, over the cross, round the middle of the binding to clinch it... LoL! did the job, on a basic level.

Thanks for the tip on the dirt, if it was anything more than a £10 knife, or my life depended on it, i doubt it would ever leave my side. I was a chef by trade,
so understand how imprtant your tools can be. with hindight, best to start habbits correctly, so take on board.

look after them, they will look after you.

Regards, TBL.

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
What a Adorable little girl you have, maybe she`ll become a future bushcrafter ;) looks like she had just as much fun as you did :D awesome job on the fire/chair.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
Did the same sorts of things with my kids from when they were about her age. They are now 21 and 20 and still remember those days (and nights) as their most vivid memories! Better than any others!
Keep it up with her and you'll both cherish it forever.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I learned two very important things yesterday... You dont always have to throw cash at kids for them to have a fantastic time (well, toddlers anyways LoL)

Its slow going making pointy things with a saw!

But i loved every second :)

Thanks for the kind comments, makes it all the more worth while.

TBL.

Get an Axe, Dude!

chjo

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2009
cumbria
Great times enjoy them,just reminds me that you can give your kids all the presents in the world but all they really want is fun times spent with ma or pa and thats priceless.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE