The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
It is - although the User interface is a bit of a Fred Astair tip-tappy nightmare.

it is similar to a lot of others, but each manufacturer changes the number of clicks, would be confusing to people that had different torches from different brands....

the powerbank feature is very handy, i find myself using most of the modes. even the red flashing light and magnet base is usefull for car emergency.

some of teh anduril flashlight modes are usefull, but andurill doesnt have sos....

and its so cheap too

Reactions: TeeDee

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Anduril v2 does have SOS in the source code, but you need to edit, compile and flash the torch to enable it. Or find someone that has posted the firmware somewhere.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Anduril v2 does have SOS in the source code, but you need to edit, compile and flash the torch to enable it. Or find someone that has posted the firmware somewhere.
That sounds familiar, but I wasnt willing to get something of similar price and risk bricking, the IF23 is rather excellent, the side cob light cannot be underestimated in usefullness....

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It is - although the User interface is a bit of a Fred Astair tip-tappy nightmare.
The auto lockout makes switching it on a real pain, I frequently end up with it on turbo or the side light coming on. I’ve given up using the switch for Off and just undo the tailcap a 1/4 turn.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
The auto lockout makes switching it on a real pain, I frequently end up with it on turbo or the side light coming on. I’ve given up using the switch for Off and just undo the tailcap a 1/4 turn.
i do as well, just after i got it i purned the pouch it came in
i think you can turn off the auto lockout, but its easy to quarter turn the end....

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
To be honest I think I find it too irritating. I need to reread the UI details but I have to say that I prefer the big Larry 2 at the moment…. It is just super simple and plenty bright enough. I had a flat tyre yesterday morning. 5:30am. The IF was just frustrating when i wanted to just get on with the tyre change and off to work. I need to dig the BL back out!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
i do as well, just after i got it i purned the pouch it came in
i think you can turn off the auto lockout, but its easy to quarter turn the end....
I don‘t think it can be turned off. There are several Reddits about the annoying UI and not being able to prevent lockout after 3 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_3431.jpeg
    IMG_3431.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: gg012

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I don‘t think it can be turned off. There are several Reddits about the annoying UI and not being able to prevent lockout after 3 minutes.
ive found if i quarter turn when not using, when i turn it back on, the autolockout has gone...which is fine for me so ive got either manual lockout, or auto....

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Goat Hides £20

Brilliant, Probably got more hides than I need, but at that price, and, they do make a man cave into a…..MAN CAVE! :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
This is available until Midnight.

£20.00

I ordered the Tact Folder - great bit of kit , very well made and useful as little mobile stationery ( see what I did there..? ) pens, highlighters , drawing paper holder suitable for Geocaching , tracking exercises , plant sketches and recording the muses of those beautiful Parisian ladies.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thought this was a pretty good deal, 4 pairs of secondhand Levi’s For £59.99. Could be any style, but all in a chosen size and length. A good idea and a company worth supporting.

Reactions: gg012

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Just ordered 1
Yeah, I did that too :)

Current EDC pen and pad is a MaxP micro with a small Rite-in-the-Rain pad, a Rotring ballpoint, and a pencil the same as that one in the pics, which is a tad too long for my tiny pouch. The pen loops aren’t good for pens either, I have to stuff all the pens into one loop.

Attachments

• IMG_3546.jpeg
    IMG_3546.jpeg
    565.5 KB · Views: 16

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I’m struggling to find the MRE items on here, any search tips please? I am probably just being blind.

Bad choice of my wording
items for diy mre items, not actual military mre

so small sachets, trail bars, protein powder, pwder pudding sachets, fortified milk pwder, wetwipes, small drink bottles, sachets of spices and sauces etc, very very cheap hand sanitizer, in fact works out good as a fuel...

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I’m struggling to find the MRE items on here, any search tips please? I am probably just being blind.

If you are wanting traditional Rat packs (?) there is normally an annual group buy conducted on the forum. It UK rat packs as opposed to US MRE's.

Just thought I'd mention it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE