The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Not bushcraft but if you're into lightweight trail shoes Salomon X ultra 3 shoes for men are selling at sports direct online for £44.99 with many sizes showing in stock. If you like that price then go to your nearest Go outdoors and if they have your size m in stock price match to get extra 10% off. That's RRP £125 down to £40 or less depending on how GO works out the extra 10% could be£33!!!!

Reactions: jmagee

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You're right which is annoying since it came up with a Google search for the goretex version. Google shopping search in store found it with a load of goretex options with a load of these sports direct non goretex versions. Sneaky! SD must have put goretex into the tags or something to fool Google search I reckon, or paid for it to appear like that.

Thanks for pointing it out although I'd probably have worked that out before buying. Didn't have my size in store in GO so didn't try a price match? Too good to be true and it was!!!

Still there's a few with goretex online for £89 from a few places so still a good price available considering they're quite good shoe.

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
They're a great shoe. I've just treated myself to the leather versions. Hoping they'll last even longer than the fabric ones

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Would have been nice getting goretex version for plain version price though. :D

Didn't know they had a version without goretex in. Perhaps a summer one is needed too.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not kit as such, but handy for notes, doodles, sketches if you use an iPad outdoors. Zagg Pro Stylus. It’s almost as good as the Apple Pencil (magnetic, and tilt shading enabled) but with the Zagg 40% Black Friday promotion still running it comes in at £42. I have a Penoval stylus and use it a lot to convert handwriting to text, mark up photographs, doodle etc and it’s a great improvement to having a screen covered in greasy fingerprints.

bgreen

Apr 6, 2016
UK
Hi All

Posted a deal earlier this month for the Stanley Adventure Two Cup Cook Set. At the time Amazon was selling it for £11.97 delivered

Amazon selling this today for £7.15 delivered. See link below.

I think this is a bargain price for this set. No affiliation to Amazon or Jeff Bazos! (but my wife does think I'm a Bozo )

Reactions: cbrdave and UKAndyB

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi All

Posted a deal earlier this month for the Stanley Adventure Two Cup Cook Set. At the time Amazon was selling it for £11.97 delivered

I think this is a bargain price for this set. No affiliation to Amazon or Jeff Bazos! (but my wife does think I'm a Bozo )
Nice one. Not that I need one, or two, as I have pots and cups, but...:)

Just a tip, I went to order 3 as gifts, but ordering more than two triggers import tax and charges another £6+.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Just noticed Tod Cutler has started selling bushcraft knives

have xposted to the edged tools section as well...

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Mora eldris in orange for £20.59 with free postage from Cyclair, no affiliation with the store but I have brought from them before with no issues: Orange Eldris

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Hi All

Great bit of kit for a brew on a day hike.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE