The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Ebay - Two piece Spoon carving kit £6.80 including postage

Listing says item posting from Dunstable, yet lists seller as Spanish... anyhow
I don't need a spoon knife personally but its gotta be worth a punt for somebody at that price.

i too found it sold out, but these combo's can be bought from the likes of Ali Express for about the same cost (the post above prompted me to look!). I also spotted spoon knives on there for under £3 inc postage - it would be interesting to see what quality they are!

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Ebay auction - camping bundle: solo pot, new bushbox style stove, grill rack , mugs plastic x2
currently sitting at £10 + 3.50 postage with 4 days on the clock
Link

Getting a mention because the China overland parcel service seems to have backed up something chronic. I 've got packages stuck between Poland & France that are now overdue by a month. So local clearouts like this are worth a second look.

Reactions: Toddy

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Special heads up for the other two bushcrafters in the Llanelli area.

In town back of the YMCA shop on the left in the duvet pile are two matching brand new'ish apparently unused winter weight sleeping bags, £5 each.
3.5 lbs 100% polyester fill, no compression sacks.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Samurai pruning saw

just purchased one of these to try out, can't afford a silky but needed a better and longer saw, trawling the arbor shops and this came up, about half the price of anywhere else online too. Postage was £3.00, reviews say they are very good. I'll put a review up when it arrives.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Wurkkos FC11 flashlight, complete with 18650 (decent one too) & charge cable is 20% off (£20) for next several hours.
Kind of the default recommendation for a budget light these days.

Wurkkos lights are made by Sofirn.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Wurkkos FC11 flashlight, complete with 18650 (decent one too) & charge cable is 20% off (£20) for next several hours.
Kind of the default recommendation for a budget light these days.

Wurkkos lights are made by Sofirn.

I suspect that is this with a slight change in body design. I had a code for these a while back and bought 7 of them at a good discount. They’re excellent, ridiculously throwy for the size of the head.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sofirn-Rec...t=&hvlocphy=9045777&hvtargid=pla-823477923773

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah, few differences, magnetic base, and type C charging port, and change of LED FC11 using a Samsung LH351D 5000k 90CRI compared to the SST20 6500K 70CRI.

That actually makes a lot of difference, I’m fed up with type B charging, too fragile and picky, especially in the dark. 5000k is about right too, the Sofirn is a cool white, hence the noticeable throw probably.

Reactions: gra_farmer

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Spotted these on Varustelekas site varusteleka.com/en/product/interestingly-sharp-terava-jaakaripuukko-b-quality/65327 Super cheap but might need a little work.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Spotted these on Varustelekas site varusteleka.com/en/product/interestingly-sharp-terava-jaakaripuukko-b-quality/65327 Super cheap but might need a little work.
Good spot..... I couldn't resist at that price!

Sent from Somerset using magic

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Samurai pruning saw

just purchased one of these to try out, can't afford a silky but needed a better and longer saw, trawling the arbor shops and this came up, about half the price of anywhere else online too. Postage was £3.00, reviews say they are very good. I'll put a review up when it arrives.
Hey buddy, how's that saw getting on with you? Looks like a good deal maybe.....

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE