The good things that made you smile today

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Started my new job today but I may be leaving it soon for a better paid job and a lot more opportunity in advancement

So all in all good news

Sent from my VF-795 using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Jenna got home from school and asked if I could start teaching her how to shoot so we had a good session out the back and she did really well.

Had a lovely walk by the river earlier today with the dog, wife and oldest daughter, beautiful day here in wales, saw pigs, sheep, cows, slow worm and lots of other things....

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Laughed my face off at this

[video=youtube;aHeCqUOTbRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHeCqUOTbRc&feature=youtu.be&t=49s[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Got the last of the retired Chesapeake bird dogs out to the groomers for a full tune-up, she's half blown off her winter coat and sleeps in the dirt.
Beautiful sunny day with lots of snow still up top. Rehab a flower bed and get some lily bulbs in the ground.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I have watched it 4 times since i stumbled on it last week and each time i watch it again i think this time it won't make me laugh but it does, like she says in the video it really is the simple things in life that make you smile and judging by the responses in this thread that rings pretty true for folks here too

Nevyn

May 15, 2016
Whitstable
I saw this thread title and thought I know a great video I can post. Had a scroll down and it was the same one! Such a wonderfully funny joyful thing to watch :)

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Well in my short time here I have met some great people and had some great advice so to say thank you and well be even more involved in the community I have decided to become a full member tomorrow on payday

So that's my good news of the day

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Well in my short time here I have met some great people and had some great advice so to say thank you and well be even more involved in the community I have decided to become a full member tomorrow on payday

So that's my good news of the day

Good on ya mate :) Welcome to the dark side ;)

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
As soon as I read that mate I had the Darth Vader theme song in my head

It's well worth becoming a full member mate.. you can sell or trade stuff you don't use in the classifieds.. the full members section with some good offers in there.. easier to upload your pics on the forum :)

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
It's well worth becoming a full member mate.. you can sell or trade stuff you don't use in the classifieds.. the full members section with some good offers in there.. easier to upload your pics on the forum :)
Yeh mate looking forward to it now haha and great I can share my beach bikini pictures with ease and great I can venture into the full member only part of the forum haha I imagine that going in there would be like going in the teachers lounge as a kid

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Yeh mate looking forward to it now haha and great I can share my beach bikini pictures with ease and great I can venture into the full member only part of the forum haha I imagine that going in there would be like going in the teachers lounge as a kid

Nooo we don't bite if ya nice... we only growl :lmao:

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I was thinking today about my goals and what I have reached.
I compare myself to 1.5 year ago Nick and it makes me smile how I thought I knew something , but I realize I knew nothing :) this one year was a huge jump in my life , in this one year bushcraft became passion of my life and it will stay with me till the end of the days , in this one year I learned and made a few bowdrill fires , can start fire with a ferro rod with no problem , had my first overnight with a tarp , made a bush pipe which I still have , had an overnight in a shelter made by me can you imagine ? :) Learned how to maintain my tools properly , made my first knife , started small leathercraft, broke my first mora :D made few bucksaws , got some awesome gear , had a huge jump in my youtube channel ( I hit 2k subs ) visited beautiful places around my city , plan to visit some insanely beautiful places in my country on which I will take you guys with me in my videos :) read a few books , had the opportunity to know awesome people from USA , UK and other countries , Now i know to what I should dedicate my life (bushcraft dah ) I pushed myself almost to the limits on one trip and now I know where are those high limit bars which I thought were really high but they are not :)

Oh and the most beautiful fact which I think I didn't share with you guys
remember I was talking about dog sleds ? well my fathers close friend who is a businessman , told my father I will buy the puppies , buy food every month if you will take care of them , so now I am an owner of 5 husky puppies for 2-3 months already :) say hello to:

Loki ( stop licking the camera you bad boy ! )

7f47ae129367.jpg

Lucy

7a1943601a5c.jpg

Balto

6756c764a7c0.jpg

Aita (let me take a picture stop moving :) )

841f274d6bdb.jpg

The fifth one is with the vet waiting for vaccination and then will unite with the gang

Oh and do you want to know the best part of this year ?
The best thing that happened to me is registering on this forum , man I am addicted to this place , log on every day 100 times a day , learning everything from you guys , reading interesting things , asking you guys somethings , you guys are awesome , you rock ! Thank you everyone for being so helpful , kind and friendly , Thanks !

Last edited:

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I compare myself to 1.5 year ago Nick and it makes me smile how I thought I knew something , but I realize I knew nothing :) this one year was a huge jump in my life , in this one year bushcraft became passion of my life and it will stay with me till the end of the days , in this one year I learned and made a few bowdrill fires , can start fire with a ferro rod with no problem , had my first overnight with a tarp , made a bush pipe which I still have , had an overnight in a shelter made by me can you imagine ? :) Learned how to maintain my tools properly , made my first knife , started small leathercraft, broke my first mora :D made few bucksaws , got some awesome gear , had a huge jump in my youtube channel ( I hit 2k subs ) visited beautiful places around my city , plan to visit some insanely beautiful places in my country on which I will take you guys with me in my videos :) read a few books , had the opportunity to know awesome people from USA , UK and other countries , Now i know to what I should dedicate my life (bushcraft dah ) I pushed myself almost to the limits on one trip and now I know where are those high limit bars which I thought were really high but they are not :)

remember I was talking about dog sleds ? well my fathers close friend who is a businessman , told my father I will buy the puppies , buy food every month if you will take care of them , so now I am an owner of 5 husky puppies for 2-3 months already :) say hello to:

7f47ae129367.jpg

Lucy

7a1943601a5c.jpg

Balto

6756c764a7c0.jpg

841f274d6bdb.jpg

The fifth one is with the vet waiting for vaccination and then will unite with the gang

The best thing that happened to me is registering on this forum , man I am addicted to this place , log on every day 100 times a day , learning everything from you guys , reading interesting things , asking you guys somethings , you guys are awesome , you rock ! Thank you everyone for being so helpful , kind and friendly , Thanks !

Crackers them mate :) You'll have ya hands full with them.. till they out there puppy stage. Then some good fun on the dog sled :D

Great story & journey in to bushcraft.. Good luck for the future to.. All the best Gcckoka :)

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle

7f47ae129367.jpg

Lucy

7a1943601a5c.jpg

Balto

6756c764a7c0.jpg

841f274d6bdb.jpg

Awwww man I felt like a little school girl when I seen them they are so cute haha reminds me off a film I like snowdogs

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Today I am hungover and feel delicate so I have decided to get on with sharpening my knives and ahh well why not let's have another whisky

CumbrianLad

Nomad
May 5, 2016
Carlisle
Well I am rather proud of my self I am getting the hang of sharpening my knives I have then to the sharpness off being able to take the hair off my arms

Now I need to practise on getting them to the point where they cut paper with ease

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE