The Good Life - Up The Yukon Without A Paddle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
HI

I read both - well they were presents for my better half - so had to check them!

I enjoyed both, but on reflection book one better. Easy to be an arm chair critic - and irritating for everyone else - but have to say I found book two harder going.

Tended to get het up when they described travelling to places - to pan for gold - only to seem to turn round and head straight back. Also felt kinda peeved at reading a book of adventures to find gold - only for him to register a claim in town and go to a known spot just up the river in the end!

All that said - eagerly waiting on part 3!

In reality - good reads both. I suspect that the fact I'm getting so wound up about minor detail is that I'm too deep in the rat race/ stressed and should be seriously thinking about a lifestyle change - perhaps setting up a new in a wilderness area overseas.... ;)

A

Alex Thorneycroft-Taylor

Book one is fantastic - it's nice in that it is written by a "non author" type.

I couldn't put it down - glad to hear their is a second book, off to amazon now :)

Alex

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
I found it quite inspirational, and it really took me away from it all. It just goes to show that if you put your mind to something just what you can achieve, or maybe a little in his case with what you can get away with!

Get it, read it, enjoy it!

Geoff

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Good story, poorly written. The first was so badly edited that I never bothered with the second. Shame, really...

If you type 'Dorian' into the forum search, you'll get a number of reviews as this has all been discussed previously.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE