*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Gift-it-on

Time for a little more good will!:)

What I propose is another little 'gift-it-on' (made the name up myself!:eek:) which works a little like this..............

519005.jpg

I will send this little gift (a mini stainless Trowel with pouch) to the first person who posts they would like it!

............. and the catch!? ;).............................. ............ the recippient then offers something to someone else and so the chain continues:D

We tried this before and it got rather messy so to recap it should go like this.....

• I offer a gift
  • Person 1 posts in the thread that they would like it
  • I mail it to Person 1
  • Person 1 offers a gift
  • Person 2 posts in the thread that they would like it
  • Person 1 mails it to Person 2
  • and so on....

this way you only post for things you want and we don't end up with a 'waiting list'. First person to post they would like it gets it, simples

so watcha think - anyone want to join in?? - there is no restriction to what you want to gift-on and I already have another little something or two in case I want to 'jump back in' ;) - fill yer boots friends!!​

Reactions: CLEM and boubindica

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Nice idea :You_Rock_ . I already have a trowel, but I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Out of interest, is P&P paid forward or backwards? i.e. pay for the item(s) sent to you or that you send .... There are pro's and con's each way :confused::eek::confused:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
great idea i also have one of those trowels keep it in the car all the time invaluable piece of kit regards dave

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
The only problem I see with this is people offering too early then the next person takes it and offers and it all gets a bit backed up! I'm sure so long as we are all not greedy it should work out fine :)

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
True - my worry exactly....... as long as people don't offer till they have 'won' a gift we should be able to keep on track

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
excellent! - that's the ticket. three happy recipients so far, keep em coming.......

remember it dosn't have to be anything big or flashy, just something you think people would like / use

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
wow! - nice offer. bet that won't last long!!

(and as you were the first to post, as far as i'm concerned you heve bagged the pockets ;) )

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I'd be interested in the blade.

In return I can offer one of my handmade leather strops.

strop_08.jpg

strop_09.jpg

Only thing is that the mackerel decoration isn't quite as neat as I'd like - I must have had a bad night when I was doing it! This was for a commission, but I wasn't happy with the first mackerel I made, so made a second one. This is the first attempt.

Geoff

Last edited:

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
see I was right!:nana: - your strop will not be there long too I predict Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE