*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thanks Steve

Mod hat on:viking:
enough of bickering now please.
Lets get back to the original meaning of this thread and spread some love

Sorry for the delay, had some personal issues crop up yesterday which had to be dealt with.

I'll drop you a PM shortly Mick.

My offer is a Zippo style light.

As you can see it's in used condition and not been used for quite some time so it's dry inside but it still worked fine when I dropped some fuel on the wick and sparked it up.

37807758191_01fc04a29f_z.jpg

37137318923_37ed61d01a_z.jpg

37807762351_66f4e04515_z.jpg

Just had a message from Steve
He's literally just been discharged from hospital so as you can all imagine he hasnt got the gumption to be hunting out any alternatives or indeed really much gumption to log on to BCUK or anything at the moment so his currant offer still stands

Sorry for the delay, had some personal issues crop up yesterday which had to be dealt with.

I'll drop you a PM shortly Mick.

My offer is a Zippo style light.

As you can see it's in used condition and not been used for quite some time so it's dry inside but it still worked fine when I dropped some fuel on the wick and sparked it up.

37807758191_01fc04a29f_z.jpg

37137318923_37ed61d01a_z.jpg

37807762351_66f4e04515_z.jpg

He's literally just been discharged from hospital so as you can all imagine he hasnt got the gumption to be hunting out any alternatives or indeed really much gumption to log on to BCUK or anything at the moment so his currant offer still stands

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Man alive! Should be the last thing he's worried about!...I can't imagine that anyone will have a problem with that... hope he's recovering

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

Sorry about this guys but as Sam said, I was discharged only Friday having spent almost a week in hospital with an extremely bad chest infection. I'm still weak as a kitten so am really not in a position to go rooting around my kit looking for an alternative at the moment.

So what I am going to do is say I'll offer up a mystery item if someone would like to take a chance on it to get the thread rolling again. I will say that when I've done mystery items before in the past those people who took the gift were very happy with what they received :)

Otherwise folks don't fancy that then you'll have to wait until I'm able to sort something out and post pics.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Sorry about this guys but as Sam said, I was discharged only Friday having spent almost a week in hospital with an extremely bad chest infection. I'm still weak as a kitten so am really not in a position to go rooting around my kit looking for an alternative at the moment.

So what I am going to do is say I'll offer up a mystery item if someone would like to take a chance on it to get the thread rolling again. I will say that when I've done mystery items before in the past those people who took the gift were very happy with what they received :)

Otherwise folks don't fancy that then you'll have to wait until I'm able to sort something out and post pics.

Sorry to hear that fella

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
evening all, my offer.......

a forage, possibles, fishing, utility belt........the belt for every occasion :)

227.jpg 228.jpg 229.jpg 230.jpg

note: I'm away from home next week so if hasn't gone by Friday, you'll all have a weeks wait till I get back. :)

enjoy :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
11K posts and still going strong! :)

SO Proud of you all...... when i started this seven (YES seven!!!) years ago I never expected it to still be going seven years later :eek: at one point I counted up the love that had been gifted but it has to be in well over 4 figures now and no I won't be counting it up again! :p

I know it has had a few rough patches with some discontent and impatience but putting all that pettyness behind us and remembering the spirit of giving for the sake of it it proves what a great community BCUK is.

Roll on another 7 years I say...... and in the words of many a post.............

BUMP! :D

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
11K posts and still going strong! :)

SO Proud of you all...... when i started this seven (YES seven!!!) years ago I never expected it to still be going seven years later :eek: at one point I counted up the love that had been gifted but it has to be in well over 4 figures now and no I won't be counting it up again! :p

I know it has had a few rough patches with some discontent and impatience but putting all that pettyness behind us and remembering the spirit of giving for the sake of it it proves what a great community BCUK is.

Roll on another 7 years I say...... and in the words of many a post.............

BUMP! :D

Thanks for starting it g4ghb, long may it continue.

Reactions: Whittler Kev

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE