*The* Gift-It-On Thread

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
IMG_6176.JPG

I know its not the most amazing thing in the world but i panicked and thats what i found first!!!!

all clips together and folds away etc.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8Lt1voW030A/TVw-vfOjE5I/AAAAAAAAAKM/PCdhoV_SBA4/s1600/IMG_4464.JPG

will include a signed copy of the above photo as well! ;)

Last edited:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Trekking nut, i can see ur nuts! That photos amazing!! But, i think ill pass

im surprised no one wants a signed piece of history... what a shame.... i shall go through my cupboards again tomorrow and see if i cant find something thatll make people drool a little bit more.... sigh....

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Manacles: Knife received and many thanks

trekingnut: Piston and some extras posted 1st Class today - Royal mail willing they should be with you tomorrow

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Whups clean forgot to say the 4 bundles of paracord I nabbed from Mesquite a while ago arrived in the UK safe and sound and I collected them last week.

Thanks mate, looks a lot different to the stuff I bought from ebay. no compaints though, this stuff is probably better.

Anyway thanks.

On offer are (I think) two folding fork 'n' knifes from Trekkingnut of the mind-scarring photo fame. :yikes:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Whups clean forgot to say the 4 bundles of paracord I nabbed from Mesquite a while ago arrived in the UK safe and sound and I collected them last week.

Thanks mate, looks a lot different to the stuff I bought from ebay. no compaints though, this stuff is probably better.

Anyway thanks.

On offer are (I think) two folding fork 'n' knifes from Trekkingnut of the mind-scarring photo fame. :yikes:

Glad you got it ok Aaron :) as for quality it's top pukka :cool:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Manacles: Knife received and many thanks

trekingnut: Piston and some extras posted 1st Class today - Royal mail willing they should be with you tomorrow

it has indeed arrived as promised!!! i was overjoyed and started playing with it immediately and then realized i have no idea where the tinder goes.... do i need to take the screw out of the end???? or does it fit inside the cross head of the screw?? im confused and want my mummy at this point.... :(

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>> i have no idea where the tinder goes.... <<<>>> does it fit inside the cross head of the screw??

Yup, stick it on the cross :yikes:

On offer from trekkingnut ~

IMG_6176.JPG

<<<snipped>>>
all clips together and folds away etc.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8Lt1voW030A/TVw-vfOjE5I/AAAAAAAAAKM/PCdhoV_SBA4/s1600/IMG_4464.JPG

will include a signed copy of the above photo as well! ;)

(I may have >>>snipped<<< the first bit, but I'm leaving the second part well alone :lmao: :eek: :lmao: )

Or possibly the, as yet, mystery prize :dunno: .

im surprised no one wants a signed piece of history... what a shame.... i shall go through my cupboards again tomorrow and see if i cant find something thatll make people drool a little bit more.... sigh....

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Yup, stick it on the cross :yikes:

On offer from trekkingnut ~

(I may have >>>snipped<<< the first bit, but I'm leaving the second part well alone :lmao: :eek: :lmao: )

Or possibly the, as yet, mystery prize :dunno: .

actually in the cross head of the screw??? but theres no space!!!!!! im still confused.... :(

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
actually in the cross head of the screw??? but theres no space!!!!!! im still confused.... :(

Is the cross cut out of the screw? If it is, put a small pinch* of the charred briquette into the center of the cross. You don't need much, but you'll need to have a bit of a play to work out how much provides a usable coal ~ too much and it falls off and too little burns out too quickly.

Edit: * the 'small pinch' needs to stasd proud of the screw head.

Last edited:

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Is the cross cut out of the screw? If it is, put a small pinch of the charred briquette into the center of the cross. You don't need much, but you'll need to have a bit of a play to work out how much provides a usable coal ~ too much and it falls off and too little burns out too quickly.

ok, i will give it a go. when ive been using it with no tinder inside, there doesnt seem to be any residual heat on the screw after extraction.... is that a problem or is that me just not understanding how it works?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
ok, i will give it a go. when ive been using it with no tinder inside, there doesnt seem to be any residual heat on the screw after extraction.... is that a problem or is that me just not understanding how it works?

There isn't enough friction to noticibly warm the screw head ~ but there'll be enough to make the tinder catch :D . Are you lubing the shaft? Doing so prevents air escaping :cool: .

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
There isn't enough friction to noticibly warm the screw head ~ but there'll be enough to make the tinder catch :D . Are you lubing the shaft? Doing so prevents air escaping :cool: .

i will persevere aaaalll day!! probably at the detriment to everything im supposed to be doing unfortunately but itll be worth it if i get it working...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE