The Blind Basket Maker of Bridgnorth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you for sharing the link :D
I could spend hours watching and listening to craftsmen like Archie.

I've passed the link onto some basketmaking friends too.

atb,
M

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Thanks Toddy, amazing work done by feel, I get mesmerized by such skill. Glad you liked hope your pals do too. ATB :)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
wow that's fantastic Andy they have served them very well :) i used one for years, it brings back memories after several hours of sitting fishing on those willow creels we used to get what we called ''basket bum'', any fisherman that's sat on one for hours will know what i mean. Thanks for reply and tight lines if they still fish. ATB :)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for this.

My mothers brother was left blind after a childhood disease, in those days there was a charity in Edinburgh (Royal Blind) that provided employment to blind people, amoungst other crafts they made basket ware. We have this basket that made by him, it dates from the early nineteen-fifties.

P9150014.JPG

:)

Last edited:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
My mothers brother was left blind after a childhood disease, in those days there was a charity in Edinburgh (Royal Blind) that provided employment to blind people, amoungst other crafts they made basket ware. We have this basket that made by him, it dates from the early nineteen-fifties.

P9150014.JPG

What a wonderful keepsake Sandbender :) coincidentally my sister works for the blind school and lives in Dunfermline (near Edinburgh), she teaches blind people how to orientate themselves and look after themseleves without sight. Thanks for reply, All The Best :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE