The Big Weigh In?

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
wow no wonder my back is suffering, I have just weighed my tarp after the alterations I did, the big tarp is a staggering 2100grams and it won't fold away to small neither. Still it has stood up to the wintery weather here recently and is big enough for covering the hammock.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Bleeding 'ell Guv'nor! That's not a tarp, that's a portable nuclear shelter you've got there! What size is it and what's it made of? My home made one is 3 and a bit by 3ish and weighs in at less than 500g. But then it is super light weight ripstop nylon, and may not be the most sturdy of fabrics.

Nag.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Did you post your alterations on another thread either I missed it or I have early onset senility - possibly both ;)

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
It started out as the DD tarp2 3x3 but I added more eyelets to allow it to be more practical. I am keeping it for when I am going away for long periods, bt I am going to have to go lite weight

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Ah right, cheers. Yeah, I have a DD 3x3 too and it's not the lightest, but it's a tough bit of kit. Have been toying with the idea of adding some more loops to mine, but not sure if I trust myself not to ruin it.

Edit PS: A pic or two of your mods would be good ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE