The big question...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes.
I've been planning a three day walk for a while now, which was meant to start today. However, I've been sick for the last two weeks, and am not fully recovered (tonsilitis). This is also almost the end of my holidays, and the last chance I will get to do the walk for a couple of months. It's autumn here and fairly windy/ chilly.

What do I do? take the risk and do the walk, or stay home nursing myself in self pity? :rolleyes:

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
wentworth said:
I've been planning a three day walk for a while now, which was meant to start today. However, I've been sick for the last two weeks, and am not fully recovered (tonsilitis). This is also almost the end of my holidays, and the last chance I will get to do the walk for a couple of months. It's autumn here and fairly windy/ chilly.

What do I do? take the risk and do the walk, or stay home nursing myself in self pity? :rolleyes:
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've been planning a three night/four day desert trek for a while now. DON'T even consider it if ALL the conditions are not right..
All you are doing is putting yourself at risk. With conditions here, I'm now looking at OCTOBER at the earliest for my trek, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Stay safe..!!! ;)

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
wentworth said:

Self pity is a good thing, especially in guys.
Although you don't say if your tonsillitis is viral or bacterial, it still isn't a good plan to be going and exerting yourself until you are fully recovered. If you are still unwell, your capacirty to bounce back from unforseen events is reduced and there is also evidence that you might make yourself seriously ill by pushing your physiology while you have bugs in your system.
The best bet is to find a sympathetic woman in a nice bar, but still remember not to over exert yourself after she has fallen for the "I would have gone exploring but it's the........." line. ;)

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Did cancel trip. My camping partner became very sooky ("You've been sick for two weeks! Who stays sick for two weeks!?")
I think it's probably wise though. Now anxiously looking foreward to when I can get out again.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Get out as soon as you can! Don't let the late seasons put you off, enjoy them all :)
You did right cancelling the trip though. If you're not 100% and things go wrong (which they invariably do) you could find yourself in trouble.

And what the hell is 'sooky' by the way?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE