The Big Man Down

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
The Greatest. Never beaten in his prime, they took his title because, he said the war was wrong. He was right. They stopped him earning a living, the threat of prison was very real.
Throughout it all, he never wavered. Came back and became the first man ever to regain the title, again and again.
He will always be the Greatest to me.
R.I.P My hero Muhammad Ali.

Ps
(He would of leathered Tyson, and the rest)

Kitharode

Forager
May 16, 2016
Todmorden
Oh my - this is sad news indeed. A genuine legend inside and outside of his profession.

RIP, Muhammed Ali
Float like a butterfly,
Sting like a bee.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Courageous both in the ring and out the ring, a great man who stood by his beliefs.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
One of the few who were a legend in their own time.

R.I.P. Cassius Marcellus Clay.

Muhammad Ali will be with us in memory for a long, long time.

My father so much enjoyed watching his bouts, both live and on video recordings; I'm happy to have learned how great a boxer he was.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Amazing talent and very quick with his fists and wit My mums cousin fought on the same bill, Chic Calderwood another talented boxer unfortunately killed in a car crash.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
"I would have been the world’s greatest at whatever I did. If I were a garbage man, I’d be the world’s greatest garbage man! I’d pick up more garbage and faster than anyone has ever seen. To tell you the truth, I would have been the greatest at whatever I’d done!"
Marvelous attitude, marvelous boxer, marvelous fighter, always came across as a genuine bloke.....the Louisville lip, certainly had a big mouth and plenty to say but he spoke the truth and lived up to his boasts and promises.

D.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE