the best motivation?

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Wayland....i imagine thats what my paradise looks like :lmao: nice kit there.

still trying to think of things to make. i think i want to sabve atleast one hide to line my rucksack with so i always have some material for repairing things and use it for a sit mat etc

Edcraft

Forager
Apr 17, 2012
Liverpool
think a darts case is outta my legue for now.
southey why did you send me that link?!?!?!? thats my day and my pay gone... i see they sell kero boots. tried getting my hands on a pair ages ago but the acual company were a bloody nightmare! and i already have a reindeer skin rucksack. but they have nice kuksas on there...hmmm

haha I just went through that whole site thinking "I could make that..." and "No way ! 170 euros for a pair of boots! Even a pair every 2 days and that's a decent wage right there knocking them out!" probably take a while to get good, but I'm a dreamer haha

Dreadhead apart from your mates, where do you source leather from mate? I want to get into leatherwork yasee mate. Cheers

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
haha I just went through that whole site thinking "I could make that..." and "No way ! 170 euros for a pair of boots! Even a pair every 2 days and that's a decent wage right there knocking them out!" probably take a while to get good, but I'm a dreamer haha

Dreadhead apart from your mates, where do you source leather from mate? I want to get into leatherwork yasee mate. Cheers

Starter leather set, disscussion,

Lepravo

Tandy leather

Edcraft

Forager
Apr 17, 2012
Liverpool
yarp i use tandy everytime they have a sale which is pretty much every month or two

Yeah they've got the may sale on now. I think I'll have to build up to leather work. Might be expensive (to me anyway) to get set up. I think I'll start off making paracord gear first to get the funds together, then branch out into leather. Could get a nice little business going! :D cheers everyone who's given me advice :D given me a bit of hope aswell :)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
made a leather stuff sack/pouch for half a polish lavvu today. not too sure on the closure so just using an old belt for now. heres some pics along with the pouch i made for my honey stove.

imag0940d.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-05-05
imag0936v.jpg

imag0935.jpg

just gotta make a similar one for the other half of the tent for SWMBO

Hamish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE