The ambiguity of knife law

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Some of the replies are a little harsh indeed.

Whats the advantage of facebook over bcuk anyway ? One log in ? Theres a forum directory called stack exchange, covers all different avenues from one site, one log on etc. I am often frustrated that different forums I go on I have to log into, like candlepower forums. Fair play to Shewie, but yet another log in etc, I cannot be bothered. At least he doesnt get "troll" threads like this though.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Shewie? If he doesn't get troll threads why did you post this one here? I'm confused now

Forums are owned by individuals for the most part obviously they are going to want you to log in

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Is not trolling the act of posting inflammatory and/or incorrect comments in the hope of generating a reaction ? Its a bit agressive, and given that some of the content is government policy, I fail to see your objections ?

So far the points I have made are true.

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
What I find incredible is that the population as a whole is being punished/ have restricted freedoms only because of one ethnic group engaging in drug turf wars.

Not even the free media has the guts and sense to point this out.

Banning a person in the countryside from wearing a blade ‘in case I need it’. Crazy!

Did the writing to your MP’s help? I have not heard of any results?

Reactions: petrochemicals
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
What I find incredible is that the population as a whole is being punished/ have restricted freedoms only because of one ethnic group engaging in drug turf wars.

Not even the free media has the guts and sense to point this out.

Banning a person in the countryside from wearing a blade ‘in case I need it’. Crazy!

Did the writing to your MP’s help? I have not heard of any results?

Did the writing to any MPs have any result ? Like you say, the government is coming in with tighter and tigher restrictions on the decent people, with minimal impact on the bad. Surely these laws are unenforcable, just like the 100 procecution, yet the judges do not question this.

“Trolling”, is that what todays over sensitive snowflake generation call what used to be called ‘playing Devil’s advocate’?
unfortunatley janne the snowflake generation are the yang to the ying of the gangster stabbemup generation, both the issue of the cultural revolution generation. Trolling is going onto a bushcraft site and calling everyone with a knife a wierdo, just for the reaction.

Reactions: Robson Valley

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
"Ambiguity?" Or is it "Flexibility?" Many laws (not just knife laws) are written in a way to give both the cop on the street and judiciary room to exercise judgment and discretion. Writing laws too tightly constructed doesn't give that flexibility --- writing them too loosely makes them largely unfair and open to the personal bias of law enforcement or judiciary.

You've all seen my posts before and know I think we're over-regulated here in the US and you're even more heavily so. That said, you can't blame it on the "law." Laws are written (there and here) by elected officials who merely reflect the views of their constituents (whether those views are credible or not is another matter)

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE