That's not a Snake. This is a SNAKE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Beautiful snake... but change that word. I spend hours convincing people they are dry and not at all slimey or slippery :nono:

I'm hearing you JD. Much the same at a lot of shows I do where I have to convince people that a ferret is NOT a rat or squirrel.

In fact, a little piece inside of me dies every time someone asks the question.

Last edited:

SouthernCross

Forager
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
As the snake swallows it's prey, it becomes covered in a thick lubricating coat of saliva that helps it go down. They can regurgitate very quickly by contracting their muscles, and the animal is already in a streamlined shape from the way the snake swallowed it. Larger snakes regurgitate readily even days after feeding if they are caught. Half digested deer being thrown up at you is enough to put most predators off.

Makes interesting viewing :D

[video=youtube;VryQDsx5Ad8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VryQDsx5Ad8&feature=related[/video]

Kind regards
Mick

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Gross, Cheers Mick. The snake would have had quite large injuries to the skin and mouth to swallow something that large. Not serious as it would soon heal and the snake would not need to eat for several months after. It must have taken it hours to swallow that. Regurgitating it again though would have caused the snake severe damage, so it must have been really stressed for it to have done that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE