that's not a knife...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
I can't help but think "that is so not worth it". Its just a woodlore knife with Ray's signature on it with a CD marker pen, only £75 pounds more expensive - merely for a squiggle! I'd critisize his knife but I fear the moderator wouldn't approve.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
fenderjaguar said:
nice.

i thought you weren't allowed to sell knives on ebay uk? i bought one from US ebay though

not so im afraid, just search "knife" on e-bay and pages upon pages are found from bushcraft to kitchen to craft knives, all sorts of shapes and sizes.

atb....stu

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Considering the fact that many people that may buy the knife will do a google search to find its "value" and turn up loads of threads that mention that the prices are going crazy on them now.

What do you think drives prices up then? :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ah, but you may end up with Rays' signature twice, a witness to the signing of the knife will sign a note aswell, it may be him who signs it!! :rolleyes:

Ridiculous it may be, but three bids have been placed so far. I must say, the reserve on it seems to be ridiculously high, a bit greedy I thought. It would have raised loads of money as it was.

It's a shame that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon with this knife on ebay, I wish Mears would suddenly say "This knife is crap, this is what I really want!" and radically change his idea of a bushcraft knife!! They'd be worth nothing then!!

leon-1

sharp88 said:
I can't help but think "that is so not worth it". Its just a woodlore knife with Ray's signature on it with a CD marker pen, only £75 pounds more expensive - merely for a squiggle! I'd critisize his knife but I fear the moderator wouldn't approve.

To a collector the knife with provenance would make it extrememley valuable.

I am a moderator and am not overly keen on the woodlore knife, I wouldn't criticise it as everyone has thier own ideas on what is a good edged tool. For me the design doesn't work quite right, but that is for me.

"One mans meat is another mans poison" as they say.

geoff88

Forager
Jul 14, 2006
SW England
leon-1 said:
To a collector the knife with provenance would make it extrememley valuable.

I am a moderator and am not overly keen on the woodlore knife, I wouldn't criticise it as everyone has thier own ideas on what is a good edged tool. For me the design doesn't work quite right, but that is for me.

"One mans meat is another mans poison" as they say.

And I thought I was the only one here that dislikes this style of knife. Sometimes on this site criticising anything to do with RM seems like some sort of heresy.

Geoff

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
geoff88 said:
And I thought I was the only one here that dislikes this style of knife. Sometimes on this site criticising anything to do with RM seems like some sort of heresy.

Geoff

Not so; criticism, as in critical analysis, is perfectly allowable. Slagging off and personal insults aren't.

Cheers,
Toddy

Stu Mac990

Dec 20, 2003
Stanley, Co. Durham, UK
I'd say this knife will go for anything above £500 with Ray having signed it. If the WS micarta ones are going for £200 - £300. and Alan Wood - Woodlore ones going for around £300 - £450.

F

faolin little wolf

anyone used the IISAKKI lapland knife from finland there supposed to be mint, canny cheap and tres strong ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE