Thanks for the welcome, Tony

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ssj

Forager
Jan 7, 2004
Colorado, USA
Copied from my return to Tony in response to his welcome PM:

Thanks for the welcome.

I much prefer the idea of "bushcraft" to that of "survival." Survival is what happens when things get out of control. To me, bushcraft implies a sense of control. After all, the idea is to not get into a survival situation.

My main outdoor activities are fly fishing and hiking in the deserts and mountains of the American west. I've been doing that for the last 30 or so years and with a little luck, for the next 30 years.

Although I rely on modern equipment for most of my outdoor activities, learning about bushcraft gives me a connection to the past and to our ancestors. My heritage is Swedish(1/2), English(1/4), and Scottish (1/4). I've recently discovered an interest in Scandanavian style knives and love to learn about them. After discovering so many Scandanavian custom knife makers and knife sites on the web I've been wondering if my interest in knives is due to genetics (joke).

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Steve

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome aboard ssj, we are quite a griendly bunch here so jump right into the forums... there is alot here to keep you busy.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE