Tesco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
Browsing around our local Tesco at the weekend I came across a new range of LED torches. They had a 3 LED torch at £5 (similar size to a mini-maglite), a 10 LED one at £10 (D cell maglite) and a 1W Luxeon torch at £20. They are all Tesco own-brand and don't have much information on the packets (other than "made in china"). I also came across Tesco branded waterproof matches (£1.50 for 4 boxes).

What's going to be next, own-brand firesteels? Trangia copies?

Made a nice change from their usual selection of moldy fruit and veg.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I saw those too. The Luxeon is "Tesco Finest" :rolleyes: .

I wasn't too impressed myself but then I'm a bit of a torch geek. :eek:

Maybe I should be less snobbish and take a better look next time and maybe I'll change my mind. :D

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
if it works? why not!

I'm a torch geek too if you mean i have an expensive torch but you have to start some where and £5 for a decent torch sounds good to me!

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
£7 for a tent!!! You can't lose at that price, a good spray over with "Storm" (?) and it would make a good summer shelter. :lmao:

That way I could limit the exposure of my Vango Proxima to extreme UV and help it last longer in the crappy weather conditions for which it was designed. :)

Jan 12, 2006
Kent UK
Try using new Nikwax ''UV Proof'', found in Blacks, they reckon it can give up to double the life expectancy of a fly sheet as it reflects some of the uv radiation as well as puts the water repellancy back on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE