Tepee & portable oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 9, 2005
Central Norway
Hi, Does anyone know a source in UK where I can get a lightweight one-man tepee, and also a collapsible / folding / portable oven, which is placed on a stove for use in areas where open fires are prohibited? Thanks,

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Dunno about the tipi (teepee, whatever ;)) but I believe that an old biscuit tin makes a perfectly serviceable portable oven. Not tried it myself.

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
I like the look of those Abbe apart from the lack of a sewn in groundsheet - anyone think there'd be problems using a floorless tipi in the UK?

Kane

Ps I do remember camping with the Boys Brigade as a sprog using 8 man bell tents with individual ground sheets and we did fine despite the driving rain of a typical scottish summer lol

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I use a kata with a non-sewn-in groundsheet and I've had no problems at all.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
The only problem you will get is in Scotland in the summer with the midgies i have been driven out by them in my Kifaru teepee once already and now only use it in the winter :lmao:

Michael

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Kane said:
I like the look of those Abbe apart from the lack of a sewn in groundsheet - anyone think there'd be problems using a floorless tipi in the UK?

A couple of friends of mine used to live in a proper plains-style tipi up near Applecross - lived in it for years. Absolutely no problems provided you choose your ground well and ideally use something (rushes, heather, whatever) to keep the muck down.

As for the midges, they never seemed a problem. Whether that was down to the open fire or the draught generated between the outer and the liner I'm not sure. I do remember seeing a ruddy big wasp come into the tipi once - it immediately followed a spiral path up and out of the smoke-hole.

I hav a fold up fire box which works well by Moskoselkatan, sold in this country by light my fir in scotland 01315538844 or woodlore lone oak 01580019668, they also do a range of teepees. Also you could try Aguille Alpine Systems in stavely in the Lakes, speak to Adrian and tell him Dave sent you from Adventure 21, his number is 01539822223. Hope some of this is of use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE