Tepee,Millets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Oh, and I now have my own personal crop circle..... :lmao:

P1020437.jpg

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
Ok well I got mine this morning and have seam sealed under the windows.
I must admit it looked pretty well taped but a bit of silicone is not going to hurt!
I've also fabsealed that strip at the bottom.
That pole is pretty heavy though, I think I will lose that and find a wooden replacement when in the woods and actually using the thing in anger!
I'm also going to cut a larger hole in the middle and experiment with having an open fire in there!!! I am tempted by a kifaru wood burning stove now though and have the pipe up through the centre, maybe modified with a kevlar patch through the tent fabric!
I'll post some pics if I actually do this :D

Brendan

Online order worked fine for me ,.

Regarding Thompsons waterseal for bricks ,,, has anyone use this stuff on a tent ? and if so did it work ok
I have a big can of it and i thought i could put it in a spray gun and dust over the whole thing with it , does it change the colour or anything .

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I have now cut out the floor in mine and should get the medium kifaru stove delivered in a couple of weeks(been waiting almost 3 already!)
Will post pics as soon as I get it setup.

Brendan

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Arrived a couple of days ago - still raining so it hasn't been up yet but I'm hoping for a bit of clear weather over the Bank Holidays (got a couple of days off :))

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Bank Holiday cleared up in time for me to put my back out again but we managed to put it up today, looks good loads of space and the kids love it - going to get some more bits and pieces and have a night out in it to see how the kids take to camping, bit of luck and we may make it into a bushcrafty family lol :)

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Singeblister said:
How long did Millets take to deliver the teepi ?
I ordered on the 27th and still nothing :(

Not especially quick and the e-mail telling you when it was despatched never arrived - tent did though and that's the main thing - probably took around 5 working days or so

Kane

Forager
Aug 22, 2005
UK
Kids were heartbroken when it had to come down yesterday - little lad (5) had already picked his sleeping out clothes and my daughter (7) had packed her camping out tin - bodes well for the future lol :) just need to get the 2 year old into it now heheheh

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Toddy HWMBLT said that the one he picked up for me had origionally been priced at £99. Cheers said:
There are 2 seperate teepees available the £99 one is larger in all dimensions except pack size and weight :confused: but is covered with the cowboys and indians print.

All over it. :eek:

Bah. :rolleyes:

I finally got around to proofing mine this weekend - at least all the seams, all the lower (patterned) material and especially around the windows. All I need now is an opportunity to test it in the rain... I'm still considering taking out the groundsheet altogether, it might make the shape a little more symetrical.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE