Tentipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Atomic Bimbler

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2006
Cheshunt, Herts
twitter.com
hello

I am looking for a supplier of Varrie Tentipies with a show room in the London/Home Counties areas.

I would like to see one before paying out so much money.

Also, has anyone used these as family tents? I need room for me, my good wife and 3 bambinies.

Thanks

Atomic

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I think that the Thingswelike family use one. They have a couple of lads and there seemed to be masses of space in their tent. I'll see if I can find a picture, there is one here somewhere.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Here you go.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=322981&postcount=75

The two green tents are Bison Tundra 4's (I think) belonging to SOAR (Simon) and PJMCbear (the real Bear!), and then the Thingswelike family tent is at the back. It looks smaller than the Bisons, but I remember it being quite a bit bigger. The bisons are rather dark, I don't mind that but some people mention the gloom factor in dark tents. The yellow tent is very well lit inside, light and airy, tons of space. I don't think you will go wrong with one, if that is the tent you are looking at.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That was at Delamere, which isn't one of the actual BcUK sponsored moots but we are hoping will become a venue for a Northern Moot sometime in the future. Delamere is beautiful, a very nice site. I think the pictures capture it at its best and hopefully Middlewood will be just as nice.

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
We have a Tentipi Varrie 7. which we use for family camps. My children are now adult-sized teenagers, and there is plenty of room in the tent for all four of us plus our gear. This really is the best tent I have used, but very expensive !
We looked at getting the Arran,which is cheaper, but wanted a tent with a higher level of midge-proofing, so opted for the Varrie. We especially wanted a cotton tent, as they are more comfortable for multiple occupants as they don't have a condensation problem.
Hope this helps,:)
Doug.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
hello

I am looking for a supplier of Varrie Tentipies with a show room in the London/Home Counties areas.

I would like to see one before paying out so much money.

Also, has anyone used these as family tents? I need room for me, my good wife and 3 bambinies.

Thanks

Atomic

I have a Varrie 9 Cotton - bought it early this summer...this rather wet summer. It can rain all day and does not let as much as a drop in. Space for two adults, two children, all the kit and caboodle (cots, toys, chill chest!, a small table) - even then I can run around inside!

Might cost lots......I had to lie down for a day in a dark room to recover when I got the credit card bill.....but trust me....its worth every penny. I love'm!

Takes me (whilst scowling wife looks on) 10 minutes to put up. About twice that to take down. Shrugs off rain and wind, warm in colder weather and cool in summer. Is it the perfect tent? Probably.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I too am interested in purchasing a varrie 9 CP. Does anyone have any photos of the interior space?:)

I would do but not sorted out my picture sh*t out for BCUK yet. I know I must but....

Just get a tape measure and pull it out to 5.3m - that's the diameter. Its also 3.1 mtres tall.

Giving you a whopping 15.6m2 space - enough to sleep 9 or sit 20 people.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE