Tenth wonder hammocks-Shameless plug

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
Hi guys!

I have recently had a fair bit of dealing with Tenth Wonder, suppling myself and four mates with hammock set-ups. I just thought I'd post to say what a great company they are to deal with:)

Neil at tenth wonder has been a star, really great customer service and a real gent to deal with. All our items have been delivered really quickly and have all been of really good quality (I'm sure my Green Hornet jungle hammock is an equal to my friends DD frontline)

I'm not affiliated with TW in any way, just a really happy customer!:D

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I have the hornet, chose it over the DD as its slightly longer for tall chaps!

Really happy with it and it's served me well so far...

al.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
We're looking into TW hammocks, given their price and seeing what they are like and first hand accounts of them, we're looking forward to getting some

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
We're looking into TW hammocks, given their price and seeing what they are like and first hand accounts of them, we're looking forward to getting some

Which are you looking at? Between me and my friends we have; the green hornet, the green camping hammock and the xl standard hammock, they are all pretty good. Just a tip- email them directly, you never know-they might knock a few quid off ;)

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
The hornet is the one with the mozzie net i believe? This was the one we looked at over the weekend, very comfy and Dave53 recommended it, good price as well. I think their basic ones start at about £10 and go up from there. We did look into the hammock and tarp kit they sell but it was in bright yellow which was slightly off putting!

If/when we sell our WM tent we'll be straight onto getting the hammocks, did you get any tarps from them as well?

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
The hornet is the one with the mozzie net i believe? This was the one we looked at over the weekend, very comfy and Dave53 recommended it, good price as well. I think their basic ones start at about £10 and go up from there. We did look into the hammock and tarp kit they sell but it was in bright yellow which was slightly off putting!

If/when we sell our WM tent we'll be straight onto getting the hammocks, did you get any tarps from them as well?

Yeah I just brought the green hornet, it has the mozzie net attached and I must say I'm very pleased with it, it's got loads of room and some nice little touches like a sown in pocket at the head end for keys, wallet i-pod etc... the mozzie net is very fine and should keep out the bugs-essential for me as i'm allergic to mozzies!!!!! It also comes with storm rings and loads of spare rope.

I also got the Sargasso tarp, I've only had it up once but seems pretty good, nice and light and it comes in a kind of muted beige/brown kind of colour (hard to explain but its def not garish or bright) I've never seen a DD tarp so I cant compare the two. The nice thing with the sargasso tarp is that it has sown in D-Rings at the ridge line to attach the mozzie net to, which I like as it means there are less lines going all over the place and makes it all self contained and neat.

I will be out in it tonight so can post some pictures over the weekend if you like?

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i have the tenth wonder xl standard hammock its great and came very quickly.my first hammock but i can't complain about anything don't know about the tarps but if the hammock is anything to go by it'll be spot on.another very happy customer here :)

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
the mozzie net is very fine and should keep out the bugs-essential for me as i'm allergic to mozzies!!!!!

Just have a good look around where the netting has been stitched to the hammock... Mine had a very small open section that was missed by the machine, and midges where getting inside the hammock (the mesh is too fine)

Was no biggy, a simple needle cotton job and all was well. These things happen with any production product from time to time.

al.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I have hammocks made by both DD and TW and to be honest there's no difference in quality, you'd be pushed to find which was the cheaper model. If I had to find a fault the TW hammock had tapes that didnt have the ends melted to would have frayed but no biggie, a few mins with a lighter and it was sorted. Great company.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I have one of the green XL standard hammocks and it works as well as any others that I've seen, and costs less money (and the tapes that come with the TW are better than the DD ones). Though if I were to buy another hammock I would go for that DD one with the built-in mossie net.
But if all you want is a bog-standard hammock, the TW ones are a good, and inexpensive, way of finding out if hammocks are for you.

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
I have one of the green XL standard hammocks and it works as well as any others that I've seen, and costs less money (and the tapes that come with the TW are better than the DD ones). Though if I were to buy another hammock I would go for that DD one with the built-in mossie net.
But if all you want is a bog-standard hammock, the TW ones are a good, and inexpensive, way of finding out if hammocks are for you.

That was exactly what I did, I brought the standard 10 quid jobbie to see if I liked sleeping in a hammock, with the intention of buying a DD one if i liked it, but i was so impressed with what I got for a tenner I decided to upgrade to the Green Hornet instead.:cool::cool:
The suns out and I'm off to give it a go tonight! hope everyone's enjoying the sun!:D

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Green Hornet for me also. Very comfortable and well made. Will have it at Middlewood tomorrow if anyone wants to take a look.

Snozz

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
From memory I think it can be used on the ground.

It does have zips on either side. BUT one side has zipped access to the hammock, the zip on the other side is to place a sleep mat between the two layers.

HTH....Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE