Tenth Wonder compact + Super Tough 3.2x1.45m tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
Well, the hammock and tarp I ordered from Tenth Wonder arrived on Thursday.
They were the TW Super Tough 3.2x1.45m tarp and the TW Camo Compact hammock.

I wasn't impressed with the bad grammar on the hammock - it had writing and diagrams all over it, and the one that sticks in my head is "This Vest May Save Yo." The size it packed down to was impressive though.

The tarp seems fine, but it's a bit bulky.

On Friday I set the hammock up between the two trees at the bottom of my garden (which aren't quite far enough apart) and my sister loved it! I put up the tarp (which only comes with 4 guy ropes, but with loops for 10) and decided to sleep in it.

I had a "parachute jump" at scouts - basically we were dropped off about 5 miles away from the scout hut, so I was ready to sleep when I got back!

In the hammock, I had a foam mat and a mummy sleeping bag. I was nice and warm until about 3 o'clock in the morning, when I had a breeze across my face because the hammock flap had fallen away from my face - I had been sleeping with my face covered up by the material.

I had no problems with condensation, although I think I would have got a bit wet if it had rained, because I had no drip rings or karabiners on the webbing.

I woke up at 9 this morning feeling fine, and with my sister bringing some biscuits and a cup of orange juice down to me. I loved the way it felt to sleep in the hammock - it was like I was floating, and I felt closer to nature (and the trains running past my garden).

I can safely recommend the hammock and the tarp, although if you want to tie the hammock round a large tree, you may need to buy some extra webbing. And for only £30.97 for the lot it was a bargain!

EDIT: turns out that it actually says "This vest may save your life" but the longest bit of it that i've found is "this vest may save your lif"

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE