Tent For The Britsh Army Mozy Tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
Hello all,

I've just purchased a couple of these 2 person jobs for the Mrs and I.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-A...cc204a3&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=332275569127

I was then thinking, (sometimes happens) Do these fit inside any other particular tent or have some sort of fly sheet to fit over the top? Yes of course I can use a basha to provide some rain/wind shelter but was just wondering if some other specific kit is used with these?

Cheers

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I think they were designed to go on the folding camp beds whilst in a tent/base. I had a few mates just use a basha over the top as a tent, seemed to work.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Good bit of kit ~ the military (or type) camp cots will go in the main/rear compartment and you do your admin in the front bit :)

As far as I'm aware there isn't a dedicated cover for it ~ though I could be wrong :dunno:

If you've not got the instructions and have yet to put it up ... there are two sets of zips on the outer/admin area ~ on the broad side (left side on the shot below) and another at the end (far end of the shot below). This means that you can put them side by side or end to end and still gain entry :D

EDIT: I've just read the blurb :rofl: "... this is the 2 man version capable of housing 2 standard camp beds. ... ". Well two camp cots will go in, right enough ... but only one of you's getting in and out without having to climb on and over the other one! :rofl:

I think they were designed to go on the folding camp beds whilst in a tent/base. I had a few mates just use a basha over the top as a tent, seemed to work.

He's talking about the big brother to the one you mean ... the cot goes on the inside of the big job ;-) The sleeping compartment is a segregated area with its own zippered access accessed from the admin area.

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset

09e80e011d087bacde79b94a7f52150a.jpg

I reckon you are thinking of this type.

Still great for slipping under the stars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I've got/had several of these. Both the single (cot) size and the two rooms. The guys in Afghanistan, say they just lived in them with a basha over to give shade. The dust/sand inside my tan coloured one would suggest this. I use the double as a outside kitchen area, keeps wasps etc away from kids juices.
I picked up a brand new cot mozy tent for £5 at the carboot a few weeks ago.

FlashPan

Forager
Sep 7, 2015
Norf London
Thanks all,

I already have the single person type that Countryman shows above, and yes I agree the single type is designed to fit on top of a cot. I also have a 1 man rectangular box type with 4 vertical poles that fit on the corners of a cot which you then mount/rest the fabric to.

Have never seen the 2 man version before so that is why I jumped on them. Although on the bay I am seeing more sellers now so I presume a bunch must have been released?

I guess my earlier question was in relation to if you are doing a bit of travelling you can take this and also an outer tent and can choose which to use depending on the weather as I thought an outer tent/skin might attach to the mozy fabric and fibre poles (2 tents 1 set of poles)

Cheers

Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
I lived in one of these on two Afghanistan tours. They are definitely not two man.

This is what it looked like when we first moved in - 8 to a tent in Camp Bastion:

yJaJI6l.jpg

. . . and once established:

uPvpU84.jpg

We used to hang sheets and blankets on cables stretched around the outside for privacy, and because most people in the hospital worked shifts, to keep the light out during the day.

The white folding mattress things were hopelessly uncomfortable, so most of us acquired alternatives. We also had lightweight duvets - I think I took the last photo just before we left, so my duvet and sheets were in the laundry so that I could pass them on to my replacement.

Of course in the Forward Operating Bases conditions were more austere and these 'pods' were not always used.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE