Telescopic fishing rods

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Only just seen this, sorry...
I have used mine happlily on mackerel and would use it for fish up to maybe 8pound??? I have a tiny real and have 15lb braid on it with no problems. By all means take it with you, but be sure of what fish you are targetting. If you do get a bigger fish tna planned, then take it slow and easy.... but macks are no problem, unless something big takes it while you are reeling in! I saw this on my last trip. I'm on a rocky groyne going out in to fairly deep water and there's the usual array of grockels and some locals, all casting to the horizon. I'm chatting with one guy and tell him of the bass i have seen patrolling the groyne as it is the only feature in the are and fish actually are attracted to features so why not fish close in? Anyway, the macks arrive, and as he is winding one in, two massive bass of about 9 pounds or more fly out form the rocky groyne and dart around the obviously irrate mack, which is now bricking it. This goes on for about a minute until the bigger bass grabs the mack WHOLE and is then on the line, which really confuses it. After 5 mins of scrapping it decides it doesn't want the mack after all and spits it out. Sudden;y everyone is trying the same tactic, and the same guy manages to repeat the same scenario again thus proving my point... and if that's not enough, I see another close in huge bass go for a small diving bird right in front of me!!!

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
Cheers for the reply, I go this weekend so just made the reply.

Sounds like a great spot, did anyone land a bass ?

I ll take the advice and be wary on when / were I dip my tackle.

Thanks again all who advised.

Blencathra

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
No, the bass were only holding on to the mack and not actually hooked. It took them about 5 mins to work this out and spit the mack out...

Luckily nobody landed them as the guys there seemed to be the kill-everything-regardless brigade, and to me, bass that provide that much entertainment deserve to go back home... The bloke who I saw catch them twice seemed a decent egg though, and would have returned them, but not the others who were all trying to copy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE