Teepee on Ebay, anyone know about these

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Always check the size though. The ebay tipi is really pretty small, 10 feet in diameter, which is a good deal smaller than a fairly 'standard' tipi.

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Thanks for the replies, I am very tempted and as you say the teepee on ebay is fairly small i might email them for postage on a larger one.

Many thanks

Michael

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've got one as the others said and it's smashing...it's 3m diametre and that's big enough to sleep two to three people and have a fire in it. Sitting you can get about six to eight depending on the size of people....you'd get more in if you didn't have the fire.

you need to cut your own poles, stakes and fastening pegs but that's not hard. I didn't bother with the inner tent and don't think you need it.

The postage from Germany to here (Surrey) was £14

I'm away this weekend but if you want to ask me anythign else then feel free mate. :)

Cheers,

Bam. :D

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
spamel said:
It's very white! Could it be coloured to a more earthy tone and if so how?

One weekend with my renagade mates in Ashdown Forest the weekend before last and it's not so bright white now! lol Also the inside is quite dark from all the smoke from the fire I had in it all weekend ;)

Guess you could dye it (squidders dyed his massive white canvas tarp a sort of earthly brown colour) but I like it white and traditional looking :)

Bam. :D

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
The "trapper lodge" which is a tent with a tarp incorporated (a bit like the tent Ray Mears used on his canoe trip) and the "shelter" look interesting.
Look under "Tipi und historische Zelte". They also say they do tarps made to order "plane".

http://www.westernbedarf.de/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE