Teddy Tours Farleton Fell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’ve transferred the photo’s over to my Blog :- http://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/2011/01/teddy-tour-teas-farleton-fell.html
as I do not like the loss of control over the photo’s :-

Graham_S
You have received an infraction at BushcraftUK: Community Forum.
Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Hi.
Due to a number of complaints from other members, and after reviewing the thread in question (this one), I've awarded an infraction.
While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no need to insult people.
Thank you.
Graham_s.
BCUK Mod team.
-------
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regard the photo’s as my property, that I want to share with BCUK,
but finding I can’t access them, because of “restricted access,” I’ve transferred them to where I can
thanks for your time Danny.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Consulted Teddy's Fir cone and piece of Seaweed this morning, and packed the haversack, had to drop Brenda off at the hairdressers at 10:30 for a Blue rinse :yikes: OoUups! I mean a wash and trim, when I start looking for a comb I go and have a No.2. I’ve passed the Limestone bit that juts up between the M6 and the A65 countless times, but I’m either going or coming back from somewhere, today was the day, and it should have been sooner ! Turned left just after the bridge at Kirby Lonsdale with the sign pointing to Hutton Roof I’m glad I never met a Joshkin pulling a muck spreader as there was over 3 miles of road with higher hedges than its width and with a strip of grass down the middle

I went through Hutton Roof turned left then left again up a steep hill and parked by the side of the road between the 182 and 192 http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepa...527063&lon=-2.699909673444598&gz=14&oz=7&gt=1 and set off over Newbiggin Crags heading for Farleton Fell with for a change Inglebourgh behind me

and the Howgill Fells to the right

it was a steady climb in-between plateaus but then Disaster Struck !

Andybysea’s Kids
Look Away Now

A Great White Shark attacked Teddy

It was touch and go

I carried on and up with the Lake district coming into view and the cairn on Farleton Fell coming into view

When I got to the cairn Teddy was already there !

with a pile of Sharkskin wallets

Looking at the Lake district from the cairn

and over Arnside Knott to Grange over Sands

Grange over Sands

Coffee drip brewing, steak on, homemade bread with bed of water cress waiting, red pepper chopped, and a glass of 2007 Campo Viejo Rioja

So I’m there in the sun having my dinner and ( I’m a bit deaf at the best of times, I put it down to all the Hawkwind concerts in the 70 and 80’s) there’s an annoying rumbling drone in the background then I find it

It’s the M6 heading to Lancaster in all the murk and fog ! I think of Melonfish and Shewie down there somewhere breathing it all in, and have another sip of wine !
I pack up the camp, and as usual leave a pile of crumbs and scraps as an offering, looking back at the first rise they’re being eaten

I wandered back in the general direction of the van just learning a new landscape. Lots of erratic's about

and trees

and more erratic’s

and trees

It was back to the van and rather than the narrow roads I headed for Burton in Lonsdale before turning off for Kirby Lonsdale stopping to photograph the sunset against a Lebanon Cedar ?

Well I’ve never been here before and there’s lots to explore I never went over the road from where I parked onto Hutton Roof Crags ! Watch this space I’ll be back.
just thought I’d share cheers all Danny
p.s Melonfish send your subscription, in small used notes, to Teddy

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
you're getting out a lot Danny!,...

i,m quite envious,

some quality pjotos there too,....thanks for sharing them with us,...

Stu

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Another great day out Danny, ive only just seen this so i cant show the kids poor Teddy's predicament(they are in beddy bye's) i will be sure to show them tommorrow,and explain to them he was only playing! Love the big open shot pic's.

John Lee

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2010
Deer Park, WA, USA
Danny,
The stones you're calling "erratics." Were they placed by prehistoric people or some big boys after a case of beer? I think a donkey would be a nice addition to your kit.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bushbaby (Mrs Red) says "thats just wrong" about the shark :)

I think Teddy needs a mask and spear gun :rofl:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Danny,
The stones you're calling "erratics." Were they placed by prehistoric people or some big boys after a case of beer? I think a donkey would be a nice addition to your kit.

No in the last (of several ice ages) the ice was over a mile thick so these were just pebbles to be pushed about and dumpt when the ice melted only 12,000 years ago. I might start an erratics I have known thread ? We've always fancied a donkey as a pack carrier, pity you can't take the batterys out when you get back home !
cheers Danny

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE