Teddy Tours Druids Temple

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Had a day out with Mrs QDan (Brenda) we managed Skipton, Blubberhouses, Harrogate, Ripon, Masham OK then got into the backroads where they must have been expecting a German paratrooper invasion as we passed cross road after crossroad and junction after junction without a road sign, we even went through villages with no sign to say where we were, and there was no one about to ask. So after a couple of doubling backs and allot of swearing at the map we managed to find SE 17471 78710 mainly by looking for the farm name signs. So along a forest road as far as a locked gate then no real car park or signs we stopped got out the gear and walked through the forest to find
1DruidsAlter.jpg

that was the first view and these were a few walking round it
2DruidsAlter.jpg

3DruidsAlter.jpg

4DruidsAlter.jpg

5DruidsAlter.jpg

All the surrounding woods were full of boulders
6DruidsAlter.jpg

7DruidsAlter.jpg

8DruidsAlter.jpg

9bDruidsAlter.jpg

Back to the main circle for dinner, Teddy and Brenda argued as to who was chief druid
9DruidsAlter.jpg

9aDruidsAlter.jpg

Dinner Bacon and Egg with Crinkle cut Chips Perri Perri Ketchup cooked on a Czechoslovakia "Meva" 2 pint paraffin roarer which with no wind didn't need to be in the Jacobs biscuit tin wind shield I have this in a silent burner model as well
Brendaegg.jpg

and a South African Pinotage/Shiraz
baconegg.jpg

and the chips and a brew
crinklecuts.jpg

Talking about a German Paratrooper invasion Brenda can remember the sound of the V1 Rockets over London :eek:
A bit photo heavy but an enjoyable day out and dinner, just thought I'd share, cheers all Danny

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics Danny

Just been having a google at the temple history, sounds fascinating and worth a visit one day me thinks.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Nice spot surrounded by great pubs, no need to cook chips outdoors.

A :joke: smilie would have made a difference or are you some kind of "pubcrafter" isn't this Forum about getting out,traveling and doing stuff ?
I wonder how many would go to the "Pub" with you and how many would have chips and a drink here ?
dinner-2.jpg

How do you run a Poll ?
cheers Danny

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
damn, nice dinner and a very very nice location, i wish there were some standing stones near me.

where on earth do you live anyway? why have you got all this amazing scenery to wander through?!
:D
pete

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Very interesting. Never heard of the place but will be visiting it in the near future. Cheers Q Dan T.
On the Poll, My wife and I do the same sort of thing so good on yer.
Riven.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hi Danny yep i did mean both,although i had read the earlier thread,i was however mainly meaning the frying of chips in the great outdoors! anyone can go to a pub and buy food,take's effort to cook a nice meal outdoors.oh and yes it was a homer drool!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE