Tea [Instant]

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
Hi

I use several instant 3 in 1 Coffees an dthey taste pretty good.

Can anyone reccomend andy instant tea to inc milk but no sugar. Something that is drinkable.

Thnaks

Winston

Jun 5, 2010
Preston
Roger,

I tried various instant teasa and there not much good.... I bought a load of plastic sealable bags from ebay for about 3.50 for a couple of hundred. In these i made up different set ups...

tea bag and powedered milk.
coffee and powdreed ilk
tea bags, no milk
coffee, no milk
oxo cunbes
chocolate power

etc etc

I can fit a good weekends worth in a tobacco tin, as a tea drinker i can be sure im getting a good brew each time, as long as i shake the milk up so it doesnt go lumpy... learnt that the hard way.

My other half and me always take opne when we go walkign to make a fresh brew, better than a flask full of tepid tea.

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Now if I could only find one that is black no sugar! lol.
At that point its easier to just use a tea bag!
Alan

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
On a serious note. I wish I could find an instant lemon tea that didnt have any sweetner in! As I have black no sugar tea and coffee, all the commercial lemon teas taste far too sweet.
Alan

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
On a serious note. I wish I could find an instant lemon tea that didnt have any sweetner in! As I have black no sugar tea and coffee, all the commercial lemon teas taste far too sweet.
Alan

I spotted lemon tea in Tesco with reduced sweeteners the other day.

Liam

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
I spotted lemon tea in Tesco with reduced sweeteners the other day.

Liam
Hi, Yes I have seen them, but its still reduced not no no sweetness.
Its like a lot of proccessed food these days, full of sugar(or sweetner) and salt.
Alan

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
PG plain instant is about the best of the bunch, QT is OK. If you don't expect any of them to be as good as a real brew you won't feel let down.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Not entirely useful I know, but I have a method that is virtually instant. Boil water, while thats getting hot, get your cup add a tea bag. Add freshly boiled water and stir - add sugar and milk etc to taste, remove tea bag and put in bag to take home or burn on fire etc. Takes about 30 seconds from adding the water to actually drinking... :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Not entirely useful I know, but I have a method that is virtually instant. Boil water, while thats getting hot, get your cup add a tea bag. Add freshly boiled water and stir - add sugar and milk etc to taste, remove tea bag and put in bag to take home or burn on fire etc. Takes about 30 seconds from adding the water to actually drinking... :D
A slightly faster method is add tea/teabag to saucepan add cold water, add lots of sugar, and milk. Bring to boil, pour into cup. Makes tea almost taste drinkable.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I take it to work as its simple to prep, not sure about the smell though I liken it to rotting seaweed.

And the colour, looks like soup !. I've used it for a long time, as Hog i carry it, as i have to be self sufficient at work, visiting different places, & can't very often get use of a fridge.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE