Tea for......one.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
If its just a kettle your after then i reccomend the below from ebay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2L-Port...557308?hash=item1a0efc2cfc:g:PREAAOSwuAVW1BxX

Its 1.2L which i find better than the smaller ones since it gives you the option of 2 good size brews with a bit of water left for cleaning the mugs or it can be used for 1 brew and a boil in the bag. The large opening helps with getting things in & out, as well as cleaning. Here is it in use just before winter on a fire;

Kettle.jpg

If your after something a bit more compact then a recommend a bottle with metal mug. I always take the same set-up and i can use it to make a brew, heat a bag etc.. Obviously you can't boil much water but it works well for a quick day or weekend out. I find the US kit is a very nice set-up with a bit of extras, it makes a very compact kit, pic of it below;

20160701_153042.jpg

You can pick up a french canteen set for about £10 from ebay also, its all aluminium so you can boil more water in the bottle as well as in the mug itself;

No%20cover.jpg

Loads of other options out there too,

Tonyuk

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
I've got both the French canteen and a trangia kettle clone almost identical to the one the Bushcraft Store sells for 4 quid - on top of a stove the kettle (with a plastic mug) wins hands down, faster to boil by a country mile (and you're less likely to burn your lips on a plastic mug). It's a pig to clean if you use it on an open fire though, the French canteen mug is a little easier. Obviously, don't let either boil dry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE