TBS knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MinTheLab

Feb 24, 2019
A farm in Nottinghamshire
Hi all,

Good weekend I hope.

I’m looking at buying a new knife, at the mo I’m using my gralloching knife fur bits on my new found camp.

I don’t want to spend a fortune nor do I want to buy a dog of a blade.

I’ve looked at the TBS knives and they seem good value given they have a nice sheath and the option of a steel too?

Any advice on these?

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
i have one of their EDC folding pocket knives and i really do like it. it is well made, well designed. They do a good range and a size to suit most needs.
You won't go far wrong with one i'm sure and as long as its looked after, it should last a good while.

Reactions: MinTheLab

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I've a few of their knives. The folding edc, the wolverine flat grind and the boar in carbon steel. All great value and quality. The new ahma pukko looks interesting but I hate red liners so I'll not be buying one.

Jackroadkill

Forager
Nov 21, 2016
Newtown, Powys
I've got a Boar folder in N695, a Wolverine flat grind in N695 and a Boar in K720. I quite like them all. The steels wouldn't necessarily be my first choice but they perform pretty well. The only criticisms I have is that the Boar performs very poorly when trying to use it with a firesteel and the finish on the handle scales is a bit average.

They work well as good, basic field knives though, which is all I want them to do.

Green Arrow

Nov 5, 2006
Hampshire UK
Hi I got the Lynx for my wife and got excited by the quality for the price , especially in the bargain bit of the website at the moment. I then ordered a Boar and the edc knife and have been very impressed with both. Great construction and nice sheath on the boar. I have a Grizzly coming and the locking folder.

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I've got the boar EDC, the boar and the grizzly.
I think they are good value for what they are, they work and they look really good. I love the finish in the hand and the sheaths are nice. I do not regret buying them and they are lovely to use. The Grizzly in particular fits my large hand nicely, and feels like more knife than you'd ever really need.
However I find myself using a Jääkäripuukko with Leather Sheath, Carbon Steel, 110 mm
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/terava-jaakaripuukko-carbon-steel/56524
along with a mini skrama.
I'm not sure exactly why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I worry about the TBS knives, I don't want to damage them.
I'm not sure that you could exactly but when messing about I don't want to risk a £150 knife.
I don't know if this helps at all.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I think they are good value for what they are, they work and they look really good. I love the finish in the hand and the sheaths are nice. I do not regret buying them and they are lovely to use. The Grizzly in particular fits my large hand nicely, and feels like more knife than you'd ever really need.
However I find myself using a Jääkäripuukko with Leather Sheath, Carbon Steel, 110 mm
I'm not sure exactly why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I worry about the TBS knives, I don't want to damage them.
I'm not sure that you could exactly but when messing about I don't want to risk a £150 knife.
I know what you're saying, I was like that when I got my boar over a year ago. Once I had put in a couple of nicks of a rabbit bone the skies went dark and it seemed all wad lost!!! In the meantime, thanks to people on this very forum, I just kept sharpening when necessary and bingo, one nick has disappeared and the other you can only see with specs on. Slices paper, my hand, several times now, without problems!! Absolutely adore it, and, because of kneeling in my canoe, I carry it horizontally. Never sliced my SLIGHTLY over the belt portruding "muscle" because im now so used to it.
Always fancied the Grizzly, but have to handle one first before £160+ leave my wallet !!!

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
The jaakaripuukko is a great knife too. Being a lefty I wetformed a TBS multicarry sheath for mine, works really well.
Most of the time I just carry the boar edc. I'm seldom using fire for warmth so I use a Trangia or solo stove for cooking. And less likely to get into trouble if I end up where I'm not supposed to be, if you know what I mean. Trespass being a civil offence, armed trespass being criminal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE