Tatonka 'trangia' set - anyone used one?

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
This isn't a question about the alcohol burner but the whole set.

The Multi-Set Set. Comprises the Multi Set and the Alcohol Burner. Burning time approx. 40 minutes. packing size: 21,5 x 10,5 cm
weight: 1140 g
pot 1: 17,5 x 7,8 cm / 170 g / 1,6 l
pot 2: 16,5 x 7,5 cm / 160 g / 1,4 l
pan 1: 21,5 x 3,3 cm / 215 g
cooker stand: 20,5 x 7,5 cm / 160 g
wind shield: 19,5 x 9,7 cm / 250 g
pot gripper: 12,2 x 3,5 x 3,5 cm / 60 g
others: Burner 8,0 x 5,5 cm / 125 g
material: Stainless Steel 18/8

This looks a very similar size to the larger Trangia 25 setup and looks to weigh a little less than the duossal pan option. Loads cheaper too at £39

I've got a Trangia 25 with alu pans (which I don't like). I was thinking of just getting some replacement pans (probably the duossal versions) but the Tatonka set up looks good value (the Trangia pans are over £10 each).

Just wondered if anyone has one and could comment on the build quality, whether it has a hole for a gas adapter, would standard trangia pans fit in it or vice versa etc etc.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Don't know about the Tatonka but highly recommend the Duossal pans. Don't get a Duossal frying pan though-get a non stick one. Bacon sticks like buggery! Also get a Trangia Multidisc to protect the PTFE frying pan surface.

sdf234

Apr 18, 2009
Dixie
I was wondering if in the last four+ years since this post was created if anyone has had any experience with this set to answer Beamdune's questions? I recently heard about this set up and have the same questions as Beamdune- especially as to how interchangeable the Tatonka pots and pans are with the Trangia windshields, can you use a regular Trangia burner with it, and the general overall quality of the set? I'm also curious as to its country of origin. I have never seen this set in stores, only online- online sites from other countries at that, so if anyone has any info. I would appreciate hearing it very much.

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Crikey, someone used the search function :yelrotflm

Last year, I bought the pans from the takonka set, plus the rather snazzy kettle they make. They nest fine inside my trangia windshield for packing and rest firmly on the supports for cooking. The kettle fits inside the trangia alu pans.

The 2 tatonka stainless pans weigh a little bit more than original trangia alu pans but are much thinner.

Trangia are stopping/have stopped(?) their titanium and duossal range, replacing them with hard anodized aluminium. Interesting clone of the mini trangia here http://www.worldoftents.co.uk/geler...8.html?zenid=3bc4735f4d107beb6011a0cd82aed938

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE