Tarps

DP1

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Wigan Area
Not posted for a while and I know this will have been done to death, but I want a cheapish tarp doesn't need to be light as mainly it will be used when car camping 3x3 preferably. Don't really want one of those blue plastic things because of the noise if it's a bit windy. What would people advise on? Are the DD hammock tarps any good? A bit more expensive than I wanted to pay and don't know how they would hold up to being near a fire sparks etc. But any advise would be great!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I can thoroughly recommend the DD 3x3

Mines had plenty of hammer since I got it and it's not showing any signs of wear. I have added short lengths of inner tube to the tie ons just as a safe guard in windy weather.

DP1

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2007
Wigan Area
Decathlon one looks good and the plus side is the Stockport store isn't far from Wigan! Looks like it could be a winner! Checked the stock and they have one in. I am off in 3 weeks so may have a mooch over there!

Thanks

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Mine is a Kathmandu trekking 2.5 x 2,5 metres and is lightweight, strong and does the job a treat - I think Bison Bushcraft are selling them now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE