Tarping Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
whilst browsing the site in research for my own tarp i have noticed a few photos of tarps strung above a hammock and some are strung from corner to corner and others are more of a roof type.
What are the benefits of each method over the other? if any...

thanks for your help as i dont want to go spending money when something else could of been a better option.
cheers

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The corner to corner ones you've seen might be Hennessy hammocks or square tarps pitched on the diagonal to make them longer.

Most of the time folk will pitch them to offer the most protection against the elements. Square tarps offer more downward rain coverage for the hammocks when strung corner to corner but will be less effective in side winds.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good choice on the 3x3

There are tons of ways you can put a tarp up depending on how you're gonna be sleeping or a prevailing wind etc.

The new DD lightweight is a good buy imho

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
You have just reinforced my choice of tarp, ta
i am going to play in the garden with it and find every possible combination for all occasions and situations. best be prepared.

thats why i was looking at photos in the first place to get some ideas of tarping up, surprising how many combo's there are!!

jabbadahut

Mar 15, 2009
uk
www.8thcolour.co.uk
You have just reinforced my choice of tarp, ta
i am going to play in the garden with it and find every possible combination for all occasions and situations. best be prepared.

thats why i was looking at photos in the first place to get some ideas of tarping up, surprising how many combo's there are!!

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I also use the DD Tarp. If you have a poncho, Hang it as a Diagonal with the poncho at your head end and have the hammock straps go through the head hole. If your poncho has any eyelets these can be used to fix it to the tarp and ridge line. Gives extra protection againest the wind and rain.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE