tarp swaps

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
F

faolin little wolf

i've got a british army gortex basha in mint condition ive used it twice and have had warm, dry and enjoyable nights but i fancy a hennesy hamock. the guy ropes are included as is a bag. i'm looking for a decsent axe stone if poss
check out www.campingandcamo.com for a pick :D

F

faolin little wolf

Pignut said:
Is this item still available?

I have never seen a goretex basha before?
yeh its still avalible if your interested, what have you got worth swaping?

leon-1

faolin little wolf said:
i've got a british army gortex basha in mint condition ive used it twice and have had warm, dry and enjoyable nights but i fancy a hennesy hamock. the guy ropes are included as is a bag. i'm looking for a decsent axe stone if poss
check out www.campingandcamo.com for a pick :D

Hi mate, are you sure this basha is gore-tex, there are a couple of reasons I ask the first is I cannot see any way that the goretex itself can actually work as a sheet, there is no benefit from it.

The second is that I never came across one when I served.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
As far as I know they don't make Gortex bashas....as Leon says "what would be the point"? Gortex is designed to be a breathable waterproof layer but if you're not wearing it then it doesn't need to breath.....also it's a lot heavier that just a thin nylon sheet that would work just as well.

Cheers,

Bam. :)

F

faolin little wolf

soz guys i was sold it as a gor tex basha from my local army surplus shop?

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
This may be simple semantics (you say tom-ay-to, I say tom-ah-to)... :)

A 'basha' to most people here is a single sheet of natural or synthetic fabric, and can also be called a tarpaulin. It is used by tying it to appropriate trees, slinging over a suspended branch, etc, in order to provide shelter under which a person can sleep, rest or work.

You mention that it comes 'with guy ropes', which suggests that it is a basha, but bashas are definitely not made of goretex...

Looking at the link you provided, I can only find this http://www.worldofsurplus.com/ishop/1061/shopscr460.html as matching your description. Is this what you have? If so, you have been sold a bum deal...

If not, are you able to provide a clearer link?

ODG

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
faolin little wolf said:
soz guys i was sold it as a gor tex basha from my local army surplus shop?

Lol....bless their little cotton socks! :lmao: You should go back in there and tell them that it's not breathable enough and so you're getting sweaty inside it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE