Target Shooting Petition.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
F

fatty

Hi Guys.

Mods I hope this is within the rules.

My other hobby is Target Shooting; I am a qualified ISSF and GBTSF Judge and Instructor.
With the 2012 Olympics coming up our guys who shoot the pistol disciplines currently have to train in other countries putting us at a distinct disadvantage against the rest of the world.
The shooting sports seem to be a bit of a taboo subject and are quite often not represented correctly in articles that are written.
Our very own Mr Mick Gault now holds some 15 medals won at international level

http://www.rafmarham.co.uk/relations/stories-2006/mick-gault06.htm

Mick is our most successful English athlete ever.
We all see the track and field events but not very much on the shooting events.

Below is a petition to sign asking for some relaxation in the rules to allow our athletes to train at home, if you would take the time to read and sign it. It would be most gratefully received.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TargetPistols/

Regards Trevor.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I’ll let this stand but I’ll remind people that it’s not an opportunity to talk about politics, weapons etc. If you feel like supporting this then follow the link. If you would like to know more then ask Trevor.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
I've signed up. I started doing target shooting back ago, before the ban on handguns was inforce. I really enjoyed it!.

I think it's really stupid that they are building a large target-shooting arena for the olympics then they are tearing it down after it's finished.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I've just had me FAC renewed. Talking to the chap who came round to check me out he thought they were going to allow the national team - and ONLY the national team - special dispensation to train here for six months prior to an event.

I'll sign up now

Mark

F

fatty

Thanks to the Mods for allowing this to remain posted.

Their will be some relaxation of the rules to allow participants to train, but the Athletes will have to win Quota places with international competitions starting in 2010 2 years before the games start, no Quota places means no Athletes taking part in the 2012 games, so the training relaxation 6 months before the 2012 games means nothing, its just not enough time for anyone to gain a Quota place.
In reality they need to start training in late 2007 to work up to the 2010 international competitions.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
A worthwhile petition -shooting is one of the few sports the UK is reasonably good at. It says something for the dedication of our athletes that they are prepared to go to the trouble and expense of training abroad.

I am sure that the rules could be relaxed to allow the Olympic team, and those aspiring to it, to train in the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE