Talk of reintroducing lynx

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I can't believe lynx are going to choose to hunt fast moving deer when there are plenty of domestic sheep fenced into small fields

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
But the experts said they eat only deer, we all know so called experts are always wrong.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Do a little digging and you will find the real reason for this story ,, Here is a hint its a charity based organisation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...nx-to-return-to-Britain-after-1300-years.html

Telegraph says that deer cause damage to trees etc and eat birds eggs and young (nightingales in particular )

Well send in the big cat to protect the birds from the deer

and lots of accidents by Deer strike on the road

I know send in a predator that wont chase deer into roads

oh and we will release 4-6 over 3 areas that will make a difference

and fit em with tracking collars cos they wont get hung up on fences etc

I thought lynx were predators of rabbits primarily.

well they have picked the big one this is the ones in Swedish apparently who have created no sheep farming areas

2012-3_5945.jpg

Up here Lynx are forest animals. (I am told european lynx also) It is extremely rare to see one outside forests, our forests have rabbits and hare and deer. They mostly eat rabbits/hares and other small animals

So unless your sheep live in forest they may be safe. I think your island is too populated and not thick enough forest I think for lynx to be happy animals.

Up here Lynx are forest animals. (I am told european lynx also) It is extremely rare to see one outside forests, our forests have rabbits and hare and deer. They mostly eat rabbits/hares and other small animals

So unless your sheep live in forest they may be safe. I think your island is too populated and not thick enough forest I think for lynx to be happy animals.

Thetford forest is 50,000acres

I think once something has not been present in the country for a set time say 100yrs (example) it should be considered non indigenous and treated as such as the environment will have changed and evolved without it so reintroduction can cause big side effects

its certainly not the same in any way here as it was 1300 yrs ago went they where last about

Oh and Deer do have a natural predator in UK its called Humans

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Would it ever be possible for the Gov' to loosen up and allow us to shoot on non privately owned land without permissions etc? I think the americans call it 'state land', and it's a calm free for all to hunt during seasons and camp out etc. It would keep the squizzer, rabbit, magpie and deer population down!

Then there's no need to introduce werewolves to combat the bears that were introduced to combat the wolves that were put it shortly after the lynx took over lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE