Taking advantage of the mild November weekend....(pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
This is my stomping ground, just across a dirt track outside my house!! Very convenient if I need to escape various relatives, door-to-door salesmen etc!!

Lizziecamp008.jpg

You can just see my white house in the left of this pic
Lizziecamp007.jpg

I decided to take advantage of the weather and stayed out Friday to Sunday
Lizziecamp002.jpg

Lizziecamp037.jpg

All three kits (the third is sitting on my shoulder so is not in the pic) came along too and provided me with some company...
Lizziecamp015.jpg

And I met a pheasant, which frightened all 3 kits considerably!!
Lizziecamp023.jpg

The local friendly forest people had done alot of work the week before, so there was plently of cut stuff to use around camp, which made life easier!

Wild

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
You are very lucky to be that close to woodland, it looks like a dream!

Rich, you never know when a sale might happen, you have to be prepared!

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
The shopping basket, i'll have you know ;), happens to fit perfectly (upside down of course) over the fire. Then I can put pots and pans on it and a kettle to have my char in the morning.
Also, I can pack things away in it to carry stuff home.

Wild

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The shopping basket, i'll have you know ;), happens to fit perfectly (upside down of course) over the fire. Then I can put pots and pans on it and a kettle to have my char in the morning.
Also, I can pack things away in it to carry stuff home.

Wild

Brilliant idea !!!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
"and snaring is illegal anyway"

Wild

No It's not!

There are rules and Laws that govern it, but it's most certainly not unlawful to use a snare to trap game in the UK, provided of course you have the permission of the landowner and/or whoever holds the hunting rights. :)

Have a search of the forums under "snare" or "snares" and you should turn up some useful info. :)

AND.................if Woking's the left armpit of the World, does that make Guildford the right armpit? :eek:

WoodWildling

Forager
Oct 16, 2008
New Forest
www.bigskyliving.co.uk
hmmm quite possible lol
In the broad sense regarding snares, I was just covering my back lol You're quite right Yeoman, with permission fromthe landowner u can snare. Am I right in believing that you have to use 6-strand snares for game and you have to check them twice every 24 hours?

D

DPK71

This is my stomping ground, just across a dirt track outside my house!! Very convenient if I need to escape various relatives, door-to-door salesmen etc!!

Lizziecamp008.jpg

You can just see my white house in the left of this pic
Lizziecamp007.jpg

I decided to take advantage of the weather and stayed out Friday to Sunday
Lizziecamp002.jpg

Lizziecamp037.jpg

All three kits (the third is sitting on my shoulder so is not in the pic) came along too and provided me with some company...
Lizziecamp015.jpg

And I met a pheasant, which frightened all 3 kits considerably!!
Lizziecamp023.jpg

The local friendly forest people had done alot of work the week before, so there was plently of cut stuff to use around camp, which made life easier!

Wild
Just out of interest did you need permission to have the fire?

I'd be worried about having one anywhere in Guildford for fear of being shipped off to Guantanamo Bay!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE