Take a View - Landscape Photographer of the Year 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Well just heard the results from this years competition.

Only one in the book this time.

Take-a-View--Landscape-Photographer-of-the-Year-2012.jpg

A shot I took a couple of years back at Lindisfarne.

I had one other shortlisted but it didn't get in.

Colwyn-Bay.jpg

Taken at Colwyn Bay earlier this year.

Anybody else got anything in this year?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very well done, Gary :D
Looks like something out of the mists of time, doesn't it ? :cool:

The Colwyn bay one is almost surreal.

Congratulations to you too, Rich; that's just a blissful photo :)

atb,
M

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
All three pictures are fantastic - I'll have to see if I can find a local photo competetion that will have only abouat 5 entries so I can see if I can win one too!!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
As I've said before, that Colwyn bay photo makes me feel a little uncomfortable, and I really don't know why. It's a superb image, absolutely stunning, and in the Wayland style that I really like, there's just something about it. Might have to beg a high quality version from you Gary to print out and put on the wall, I might get my head around it eventually that way. It's a great photo, I really like it, but it doesn't half make the skin crawl on the back of my neck :)

Cheers,

Stuart

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
It does look like a strand of bones I suppose.

It could be, but I don't really find bones uncomfortable. When you posted this image up a while ago I made more or less the same comment, there's just something about it :dunno:

And please don't take it as a negative comment at all Gary, I generally like uncomfortable art, and this is no exception :)

Stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE